EX FAMILY BANDS!

1. xFamily
  2. » Multimedia
  3. » EX FAMILY BANDS!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 11:14 pm
EX FAMILY BANDS!
OPLEXiCON, which I Am part of, is associated with:

Florida Death Metal such as: Morbid Angel, Deicide, Vital Remains and Death, the band from which the genre of heavy metal is derived.

It's an extreme form of heavy Thrash(thrash meaning Mettalica, Anthrax, Slayer), marked by deep cookie monster vocals, hard, heavy doublekick(bass drum), heavy base and wicked riffs.

Modern bands of this style that actually make ALOT of $$$ in the US and worldwide are:

NILE(making alot--from S.Carolina)

BEHEMOTH(Poland--still on tour here)

SUFFOCATION(NY Legends)

Cannibal Corpse (in Ace Ventura..Also signed to a Major label)

Morbid Angel (one of the only bands signed to a MAJOR label--Warner Brothers, of this genre)

BLACK METAL:

Emperor(members jailed for murder, church burning..all clean, new act. Sophisticated with Classical/Jazz roots).

Immortal (Brilliant, blasphemous, pagan metal)

MoonSorrow(Viking Black Metal)

Mayhem(google all these bands or go to wikipedia if you care).

I didn't mean to go off on the history of metal-however, This band OPLEXiCON, as well as My association with California film schools (i teach), WILL assist in teh exposure and termination of this insane cult.

<me>

Jack 2

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 11:32 pm
I'm mostly hip-hop and variants (grime, UK hip-hop) these days but I still go to basement thrash/punk/messenger-band shows. I dig Slayer, Cannibal Corpse.

Your sh!t is tight! Especially the guitar/vocals.

Are all (most) your band members ex-Fers?

Some cats I hang out with are in a band called The Blood of Christian Children (do I sense a common theme?):
http://www.myspace.com/rippingsolos
They aren't quite as heavy (or good) but they put on a hellah energy packed show. It's a pity their last show is gonna be the 22nd.

I'm pretty sure I know you from France (you might know my deaf brother Isaac). I'm gonna add you to my mySpace.

Oplexicon

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 11:40 pm
Thanks....
OPLEXiCON is Death/Black...and Thanks/....all u heard was really just demos..

we're re-doing and mastering it all.

I am also at:

http://www.myspace.com/shoveoffdevlin

Jack 2

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 11:53 pm
Damn. You one talented motherfxcker. I can hear the Radiohead influence on that one. Do you do everything yourself or are you just the voice (I assume you play guitar too)?

Oplexicon

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 12:21 am
what I play...
...I do ALL vocals...even harmony's..

rythm and guitar.

evanman

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 05:58 am
I don't like Thrash, I xan't understand a word of what is being sung/spoken. I think that if the lyrics can't be understood, then it's pointless to have vocals.

As for me, well I was born in the 1950's, and grew up during the Beatles and Rolling Stones era.

I used to listen to Fleetwood Mac (when they were a blues band--Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer era), Pink Floyd, Led Zepelin, King Crimson, Moody Blues.

I also liked Little Richard, Mamas and Papas, Tchaikovsky, Mozart, Greig, Holst amongst others.

i loved Grand Opera--Puccini, Leon Cavalo, etc.

Can I ask why you would perpetuate Berg's legacy by naming your band after one of his inventions?

Anonymous

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 07:55 am
OPLEXiCON
Nice point

except I thought of that already and..........

there is basis of it somewhere else...google it....some University site--Not only that, it's being used for a reverse purpose (just a band name, like Radiohead etc), the fact I chose such a name shows the real, strong rebellion against such a group/their ideals, whether it was made-up or not.

It's more than a name.

evanman

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 05:38 pm
i reckon as it's such an unusual name to the majority of people, they'll want to know about oplexicon, then they'll get into reading berg's ramblings--possibly even admire him.

After what's just happened in Argentina, seems a possibility that some people may be influenced by berg!

Monger 1

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 06:37 pm
evanman wrote:
i reckon as it's such an unusual name to the majority of people, they'll want to know about oplexicon, then they'll get into reading berg's ramblings--possibly even admire him.

The people who admire el capitan pedophile will do so...more power to them and their lawyers. I've always thought the name Oplexicon was pretty cool. Beats most of the latest cheesy Family spirit world super-villains, anyway. Lexipython...Negaton...Nivea of the Sea....I mean come on! Oh, and your music kicks large quantities of ass, Oplexion.

Piram

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 03:10 pm
evanman wrote:
I don't like Thrash, I xan't understand a word of what is being sung/spoken. I think that if the lyrics can't be understood, then it's pointless to have vocals.

As for me, well I was born in the 1950's, and grew up during the Beatles and Rolling Stones era.

I used to listen to Fleetwood Mac (when they were a blues band--Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer era), Pink Floyd, Led Zepelin, King Crimson, Moody Blues.

I also liked Little Richard, Mamas and Papas, Tchaikovsky, Mozart, Greig, Holst amongst others.

i loved Grand Opera--Puccini, Leon Cavalo, etc.

Can I ask why you would perpetuate Berg's legacy by naming your band after one of his inventions?

I´m not into Thrash either, but through my daughter I got into power and melodic metal. I like Kamelot. I particularly like an album by them called "Karma". I like just plain hard rock, too. Smile

paulpalumbo

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 07:24 am
New Band
Im presently 17. just left the family and am in Brazil. I wanted to start a band.
Im a bassist and general musician (play and understand guitar and piano a bit). Im looking to start a band. I have a drummer and rhythm guitarist in the family who are on their way out. If we all decide to push this through, we would likely settle in Detroit or Seattle as a band. Im looking to see if there are any kick ass lead guitarists out there. I mean real good shit. Our founding influences are Metallica and Pantera but we are presently into Lamb of God, Trivium, Children Of Bodom, Shadows Fall, Smashing Pumpkins and Slayer. We are a young few. The Guitarist is 15 (he is a beginner but he has style, talent and a Dean Dimebag Guitar. The Drummer just turned 18. he has a Tama drum set, he loves speed and double pedaling. He and the guitarist are presently in Brazil as well. We need a lead guitarist who has vocal and hopefully stage experience (as we do). We are open for band names too, as we haven't fully decided on one yet. Contact me at [email protected] or visit/join our orkut community.
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=24834205

1. xFamily
  2. » Multimedia
  3. » EX FAMILY BANDS!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 07:55:49