Ah yes, Jeane Manson...
Berg's writings Jean Manson make for an interesting study in his erotomanic delusions.
First, Berg's 1993 memory of the relationship with Jeane in ML 2907 (Persecution Jewels):
Some of the songs we recorded became very popular. We also witnessed to Jeanne Manson & were known as being affiliated with her. She was a popular recording & performing artist at the time, & our band provided the back-up music & vocals at a lot of her concerts.
Who could ever forget the Jeane Manson Prayer (ML #595)?
July 19, 1977, 5 A.M.: MO is listening to Jeane Manson's plaintive song, "Because Love Is Leaving."â€”Suddenly he begins speaking in tongues and weepingâ€”and the Lord speaks!
1. BEHOLD! DO YOU HEAR HER? SHE DESIRES AND BEGS TO BE WITH ME ON THE MOUNTAIN! (â€”Of intimate fellowship and utter sweet surrender!) Behold how her spirit seeks after Thee, for God her Father! "Why is there not more?" she cries. "There must be something more!" She seeks Me, she finds Me, she embraces Me on the mountain! Ohâ€š she wants Me so much, to meet Me there with love for the first time!
5. HER SPIRIT CRIES FOR MEâ€”LISTEN!: "Enfold me, embrace me here on the mountain! Desire me for I desire Thee, I need You! This is my First Love, I cannot say goodbye!
After Jeane failed to grab the golden ring of sex with God in the person of Berg, the prophet gets this message in The Jeane Manson Revelations (ML #811)
I got a whole prayer Letter for her (Jeane Manson) & I wrote it to her & she didn't even answer me! She'll pay! She'll pay! I gave her my heart, but she doesn't even pay any attention.
3. SHE RUNS AFTER THOSE SILLY STUPID LOVERS!â€”Just because he promises to make her great! He's going to fall flat on his face & take her with him!â€”Because she wouldn't marry me & Jesus. She doesn't even want to talk to me or see me or write me or anything.â€”When I loved her, I loved her so much!
4. I TRIED TO HELP HER. But she doesn't want it. But she will, some day. She'll be sorry, too late, when I'm gone! She could have at least written me a little note thanking me for praying for her. (She finally did.) Even when you don't understand, you still love me. It's important. I sang to her, I wooed her & I loved her. But she pushed me away for her little money lovers! Oh my God! Jesus help us!
5. SHE COULD HAVE HAD SO MUCH, you know that? She could have even had me! But she wants her little moneymakers. You know what's going to happen? They're going to fail & fall flat on their faces, because she didn't receive my love! They could have made a great thing out of that, my Letter & my song & prayer for her, could have been a great thing for her. I think it would have been a real hit!
Jeane's rejection aparently was an excuse for a drinking binge, because Mystery of Otano (#796) we see Bergie Boy on a "spirit trip" (aka, alcohol-induced dementia):
Another Reincarnation?â€”While in the Spirit:13 November 1977:
1. HOW CAN SHE REBUFF A LOVE LIKE MINE: He's going to put her in a bed of affliction: She'll be sick for three years, & then come back. (Maria: Who?â€”Jeane Manson?) (See "The Jeane Manson Prayer," No.595.)
2. THIS PROUD OTANO! (Maria: What's an "Otano"?) He's the head of our tribe!â€”But She won't give him sex. If she won't give him sexâ€š I will have to. (Maria: You will have to?) Yes, of course. (Maria: How can you give him sex?) By giving her sex! (Maria: Who's "her"?) Mary, (Maria: Mary?) Maria!â€”You, Honey: It's you!â€”What are you talking about? (Maria: Oh, it's me?) Of course! (Maria: But who's going to be in a bed of affliction for three years?) Ohâ€š that's Jeane Manson.
3. (Maria: BUT WHO'S OTANO?) The real love!â€”The real love she could have if she would let him come in. But she don't let anybody come in. I think maybe now she will. (Maria: Who? Jeane Manson?)
4. (Maria: WHO'S OTANO?) MY LAWYER! (Maria: I thought you said he was the head of our tribe?) Of course, he knows all about law & tribal law.â€”If he says so, it's okay! (Maria: Is he close to Abrahim?) Yes. (Maria: Are they from the same tribe?) I think maybe so.
Here we see the wine-taster (Maria) failing to get a handle on basic quality control issues in the prophesy business. The Jeane Manson series is a great subject for an article--among other things, it exposes Berg & Maria's folie a deux