"The Bible Album" + "The Paris Show Group

1. xFamily
  2. » Multimedia
  3. » "The Bible Album" + "The Paris Show Group

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 01:20 pm
"The Bible Album" + "The Paris Show Group
Someone had previously requested (in an email to me) copies of the "Bible Album" and of the "Paris Show Group". I have both of these (and more) in mp3 format. These are very much part of this group's history and may be another draw to our site. Besides the human interest, these are interesting because they were actually banned by the group from being heard (or even possessing them).

Should I upload these? They would take up around 90MB + 47MB for the "Bible Album" and the "Paris Show Group", respectively.

Jack 2

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 03:21 pm
The Bible Album was the only Family music I ever liked! I had a bootleg copy the entire time. I knew members who were involved with the recording. I'd all but forgotten about that one.

BlackELk

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 02:52 pm
BlackElk
Posting the Bible Album gets my vote. Sounds very interesting, particularly the history around banning this albumn.

Craven de Kere 1

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 03:00 pm
Can someone clue me in? I don't know the history here.

Thorwald 1

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 09:00 pm
So, the "Bible Album" and the "Paris Show Group" were two of the greatest hit albums of this group ever. Both were made in the 1970s (if I remember correctly) and were a huge success in France and other places in Europe (e.g. Greece). They even had the then famous (and even a bit today) Demis Roussos sing All is Vanity on the "Bible Album" (volume 1).

Anyway, Berg didn't like being upstaged by the likes of Jonas, et al. and had their band(s) broken up and spread across the globe. Most of these people would never sing together again.

After that, the group officially banned listening to or possessing copies of either of these albums. They would, quite literally, search through our belongings from time-to-time looking for these (and other) albums. You would get into terrible trouble if they found a copy.

I am not ashamed to say that I fancy some of the songs from these albums . . . in a nostalgic sorta way.

PS: I will upload copies of both of these albums soon (actually, the "Bible Album" is made up of "volume 1" and "volume 2" or the "Old Testament" and the "New Testament").

WalkerJ 1

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 11:07 pm
If you were lucky, you had a copy of all the songs that were recorded for this album, but never made it into the final.

There were rumors circulating that some of the singers were high on drugs while recording. These were used as a reason for the music being uninspired and unrecommended.

I think the reason so many Family SGAs consider the Bible Album to have been some of the best music The Family/COG produced was because there were professional secular producers involved as well a a full orchestra (consisting, again, of several very talented professionals) performing the pieces.

Most of the music the Family has produced since then, is composed of a simple lead/bass/percussion arrangement, entirely synthesizer-produced or variant combinations of the two.

Monger 1

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 11:46 pm
Interesting stuff. I'll move this to the multimedia forum.

aford

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:34 am
Everyone says they are going to post something, and yet I do not see anything new. What gives?

Thorwald 1

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:39 am
aford wrote:
Everyone says they are going to post something, and yet I do not see anything new. What gives?

I assume you are referring to "The Bible Album" and "The Paris Show Group"? If so, we posted them a while back. You can find them at the following:
http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Bible_Album
http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Paris_Show_Group

We filed them under the category "Family Music and Audio" (http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Category:Family_Music_and_Audio).

Craven de Kere 1

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:09 am
aford,

When they say "post" it can mean to the wiki (or other areas we use to upload files) and not just here on the forums.

n00b

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 12:40 am
Thorwald wrote:
So, the "Bible Album" and the "Paris Show Group" were two of the greatest hit albums of this group ever. Both were made in the 1970s (if I remember correctly) and were a huge success in France and other places in Europe (e.g. Greece). They even had the then famous (and even a bit today) Demis Roussos sing All is Vanity on the "Bible Album" (volume 1).

Anyway, Berg didn't like being upstaged by the likes of Jonas, et. al. and had their band(s) broken up and spread across the globe. Most of these people would never sing together again.

After that, the group officially banned listening to or possessing copies of either of these albums. They would, quite literally, search through our belongings from time-to-time looking for these (and other) albums. You would get into terrible trouble if they found a copy.

I am not ashamed to say that I fancy some of the songs from these albums . . . in a nostalgic sorta way.

PS: I will upload copies of both of these albums soon (actually, the "Bible Album" is made up of "volume 1" and "volume 2" or the "Old Testament" and the "New Testament").

I hear it's quite well-circulated within the Family these days, it's even posted on their members only site.

friendofcherish

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 02:50 pm
I recently discovered the Bible LP, and I actually didn't make the connection to TF right away. I emailed the producer (Martyn Ford) and he informed me.

Anyway, from a strictly musical point-of-view, I think it is really an amazing piece of music. I agree with Mr. Ford that if it weren't for the controversy of TF, this album would be a #1 hit. It's not often I find an album as listenable as that one.

(I realize it must be hard to seperate the music from the TF the way I was able to do as a non-aware listener.)

Thorwald 1

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 06:44 pm
Does anyone know if Jeanne Manson (sp. "Jean" or "Jeane") was ever a member of TFI? She is listed as a singer on The Bible Album. If not, how was she linked to this group?

PS: I believe she was rather famous in France.

Cookie 2

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 07:51 pm
she was never a member, hardly even a close friend. from what i understand, they had some mutual friends, and that's how she got involved.

BlackELk

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 11:10 am
Ah yes, Jeane Manson...
Berg's writings Jean Manson make for an interesting study in his erotomanic delusions.

First, Berg's 1993 memory of the relationship with Jeane in ML 2907 (Persecution Jewels):

Quote:
Some of the songs we recorded became very popular. We also witnessed to Jeanne Manson & were known as being affiliated with her. She was a popular recording & performing artist at the time, & our band provided the back-up music & vocals at a lot of her concerts.

Who could ever forget the Jeane Manson Prayer (ML #595)?

Quote:
July 19, 1977, 5 A.M.: MO is listening to Jeane Manson's plaintive song, "Because Love Is Leaving."—Suddenly he begins speaking in tongues and weeping—and the Lord speaks!

1. BEHOLD! DO YOU HEAR HER? SHE DESIRES AND BEGS TO BE WITH ME ON THE MOUNTAIN! (—Of intimate fellowship and utter sweet surrender!) Behold how her spirit seeks after Thee, for God her Father! "Why is there not more?" she cries. "There must be something more!" She seeks Me, she finds Me, she embraces Me on the mountain! Oh‚ she wants Me so much, to meet Me there with love for the first time!
5. HER SPIRIT CRIES FOR ME—LISTEN!: "Enfold me, embrace me here on the mountain! Desire me for I desire Thee, I need You! This is my First Love, I cannot say goodbye!

After Jeane failed to grab the golden ring of sex with God in the person of Berg, the prophet gets this message in The Jeane Manson Revelations (ML #811)

Quote:
I got a whole prayer Letter for her (Jeane Manson) & I wrote it to her & she didn't even answer me! She'll pay! She'll pay! I gave her my heart, but she doesn't even pay any attention.

3. SHE RUNS AFTER THOSE SILLY STUPID LOVERS!—Just because he promises to make her great! He's going to fall flat on his face & take her with him!—Because she wouldn't marry me & Jesus. She doesn't even want to talk to me or see me or write me or anything.—When I loved her, I loved her so much!

4. I TRIED TO HELP HER. But she doesn't want it. But she will, some day. She'll be sorry, too late, when I'm gone! She could have at least written me a little note thanking me for praying for her. (She finally did.) Even when you don't understand, you still love me. It's important. I sang to her, I wooed her & I loved her. But she pushed me away for her little money lovers! Oh my God! Jesus help us!

5. SHE COULD HAVE HAD SO MUCH, you know that? She could have even had me! But she wants her little moneymakers. You know what's going to happen? They're going to fail & fall flat on their faces, because she didn't receive my love! They could have made a great thing out of that, my Letter & my song & prayer for her, could have been a great thing for her. I think it would have been a real hit!

Jeane's rejection aparently was an excuse for a drinking binge, because Mystery of Otano (#796) we see Bergie Boy on a "spirit trip" (aka, alcohol-induced dementia):

Quote:
Another Reincarnation?—While in the Spirit:13 November 1977:

1. HOW CAN SHE REBUFF A LOVE LIKE MINE: He's going to put her in a bed of affliction: She'll be sick for three years, & then come back. (Maria: Who?—Jeane Manson?) (See "The Jeane Manson Prayer," No.595.)

2. THIS PROUD OTANO! (Maria: What's an "Otano"?) He's the head of our tribe!—But She won't give him sex. If she won't give him sex‚ I will have to. (Maria: You will have to?) Yes, of course. (Maria: How can you give him sex?) By giving her sex! (Maria: Who's "her"?) Mary, (Maria: Mary?) Maria!—You, Honey: It's you!—What are you talking about? (Maria: Oh, it's me?) Of course! (Maria: But who's going to be in a bed of affliction for three years?) Oh‚ that's Jeane Manson.

3. (Maria: BUT WHO'S OTANO?) The real love!—The real love she could have if she would let him come in. But she don't let anybody come in. I think maybe now she will. (Maria: Who? Jeane Manson?)

4. (Maria: WHO'S OTANO?) MY LAWYER! (Maria: I thought you said he was the head of our tribe?) Of course, he knows all about law & tribal law.—If he says so, it's okay! (Maria: Is he close to Abrahim?) Yes. (Maria: Are they from the same tribe?) I think maybe so.

Here we see the wine-taster (Maria) failing to get a handle on basic quality control issues in the prophesy business. The Jeane Manson series is a great subject for an article--among other things, it exposes Berg & Maria's folie a deux.

Peter Frouman

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 06:59 am
Thorwald wrote:
Does anyone know if Jeanne Manson (sp. "Jean" or "Jeane") was ever a member of TFI? She is listed as a singer on The Bible Album. If not, how was she linked to this group?

In http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/MWM:_Personal_Interviews_-_April_1981
the last person interviewed spends a few minutes discussing her and her relationship with him and the COG. One part about Jeanne starts around 01:50:00, but he probably mentions her before then too.

1. xFamily
  2. » Multimedia
  3. » "The Bible Album" + "The Paris Show Group
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:19:13