something i had pondered..

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » something i had pondered..

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:01 pm
something i had pondered..
At what age did Ricky find out about the book of Davidito?

Monger 1

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:34 pm
I can only imagine that it was shown to him as soon as it was published, or even before. He certainly knew about it while growing up in The Family.

Anonymous

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 03:10 pm
hmm
i just wondered cuz i mean, if he didnt' know about it and then found out about it that could be pretty rough....

does anyone know?

Thorwald 1

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 03:49 pm
No. He has always known about the book . . . from the beginning. All of us who were old enough have known about this book from the beginning (i.e. when it was first published). In fact, some of us were involved with the purging of this book.

Anonymous

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 04:11 pm
more questions
how old was he when it was published ?

Peter Frouman

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 04:44 pm
Re: more questions
guestagain wrote:
how old was he when it was published ?

The book was published in 1982 so he would have been 7 at the time. However the "Davidito Letters" (which were compiled in the book) were published individually starting in 1977 or 1978 when he was either 2 or 3 years old. As others have noted, he was certainly made aware of them at the time. This is also confirmed by other Family publications such as this quote from BEDWETTING!--By Father David DFO 1219 28 January 1979:

Quote:

61. (MARIA: ONE MORE THING THAT WE NEED TO TELL THE PARENTS ABOUT: I have heard a lot of the parents report that they read their Davidito Letters with their children. Well, I tried that with David & some of it was great, the little anecdotes about how funny he was, etc., but much of it is adult only fare.) They are not written for children, let's face it! (Maria: We need to warn the parents.) They are not children's stories! Some of them may be all right. (Maria: Yes, I've seen a lot of reports like that. "We read these with our children & our children just love them!") I bet they do!

62. (MARIA: SO I THOUGHT I'D TRY IT & SEE IF DAVID REALLY LIKED THE STORY, so I got them out. He was very, very interested, but then we got to some parts &...) Honey, you need to skip over the bad things. (Maria: The parts about discipline & how he was dealt with. We even read that part where people said he looked like a girl, you know, & the night when I read it to him he said, "I'm not a little girl!"--He was so offended at that.)

Anonymous

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:59 pm
thanks people Smile

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » something i had pondered..
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:25:03