Maria Laria show from October 1993

1. xFamily
  2. » Multimedia
  3. » Maria Laria show from October 1993

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 04:15 pm
Maria Laria show from October 1993
A Telemundo - Maria Laria show from October 1993, Niños de Dios II, is now available in various formats and sizes at http://www.oplexicon.com/tvnews/

This show, which is 44 minutes long, features Cherish Lloyd, her mother, her brother and sister, Joyanne Treadwell, and others. If anyone has any information about the spokesperson Thomas Edwards who appears on the show, please let me know. Is he related at all to Mike Edwards (aka Dust)? Also there is a Family member sitting next to Carole/Palestina in the front row who attacks the host of the show, Maria Lara, as having a "spirit of initimidation" and tells her to shut up. If anyone recognizes this person and can tell me who he is, please let me know.

I am working on creating a translation and transcript of the show which is in Spanish. A rough draft is available here. It still needs some work.

If possible, I also plan on creating a video with English subtitles or captions (I would welcome any suggestions on how to do that). This may be added to the xfamily.org video archives when the translation is complete.

Thanks go to Sam Ajemian who sent me some tapes with TV coverage of the Family from the early 1990s. This included the American Journal, CBS News, CNN Headline News and NBC Now reports that were recently added to the video archives. There are also some more TV programs in Spanish which I plan to digitize, upload and translate soon. These include reports from Ocurio Asi and another Maria Lara show (Cara a Cara) from 1991.

Monger 1

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 08:24 pm
Thanks for the portion of the transcript you've completed so far. Very interesting show.

Windows Media Player (I'm using version 10) allows you to add "Synchronized Lyrics" to video or audio, although viewers would then have to enable "Captions and Subtitles" to view it.

You can see an example of an (unsynchronized) wma caption in http://media.xfamily.org/audio/Berg/Berg_and_Davidito-1981.wma

Peter Frouman

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 12:19 am
Monger wrote:

Windows Media Player (I'm using version 10) allows you to add "Synchronized Lyrics" to video or audio, although viewers would then have to enable "Captions and Subtitles" to view it.

You can see an example of an (unsynchronized) wma caption in http://media.xfamily.org/audio/Berg/Berg_and_Davidito-1981.wma

Interesting idea. I was thinking about something like this for the downloadable files since actual subtitles wouldn't work very well with the smaller resolutions. I tried that file with WMP 9 on Mac OSX but I couldn't get it to show the captions (I did turn on "show captions") so perhaps the "Synchronized Lyrics" feature only works with WMP 10 although apparently there are other ways to add captions for Windows Media Player, Real Player, etc.

Monger 1

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 05:58 pm
Peter, I see that you've since completed a draft of the transcript... thanks for the effort towards this for us non-Spanish speakers.

1. xFamily
  2. » Multimedia
  3. » Maria Laria show from October 1993
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 01:00:14