The Love Prophet and the Children of God, 1998, by DLI

1. xFamily
  2. » Multimedia
  3. » The Love Prophet and the Children of God, 1998, by DLI

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 04:45 pm
The Love Prophet and the Children of God, 1998, by DLI
Has anyone here seen this one-hour documentary by DLI Productions? (they're a small film company in Montreal)

Their website includes 3 short clips from the documentary, including portions of interviews with Faithy Berg and Steven Kelly, as well as bits from a couple of the Family's nude dance videos.

- http://www.dliproductions.ca/theloveprophet/
- http://www.dliproductions.ca/backup/tlp.html
- http://www.dliproductions.ca/backup/images/tlp/cartoon3.gif (a drawing from some Mo Letter)

"institutional/educational use: $90, home video: $30, transcript: $15"

Indian Joe 1

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 07:02 pm
Re: The Love Prophet and the Children of God, 1998, by DLI
Monger wrote:

"institutional/educational use: $90, home video: $30, transcript: $15"

Hell, I'll pop for the $30 home video version (pulling out the Visa card).

Crap.. they don't take credit cards. I'll get a money order in Canadian funds and mail it to them tomorow.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:59 pm
I have a copy of this DVD. It contains a lecture from the "Heaven's Gate" leader and the "Love Prophet" documentary along with the 2 20/20 shows (the one with Vivian is already online).

I'll send a copy of it to whoever would like one. I had planned to convert it into a web format, but have been unable to do so due to my job switch. I'll be getting onto a normal schedule again after June 1st.

Monger 1

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 10:01 pm
WJ, I'm very interested... I'll PM you.

Peter Frouman

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 04:09 am
I have this DVD as well. I got it from
http://www.5minutestolive.com/1D/HEAVEN%27SGATETRAVEL.htm
It was only $20 and they do take credit cards.
I think I sent a copy to IndianJoe a few months ago (although I did send it to a few people so perhaps I sent it to someone else).

The MPEG2 VOB file with the Love Prophet documentary is about 900MB so I'll see if maybe I can convert it to a smaller file.

Indian Joe 1

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 08:02 am
Wow! I've got a copy of it afterall. I'm glad I didn't make it to the post office yet. I just need to extract it from the big pile on my desk.

Thanks again, Peter!

Jack 2

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 03:07 pm
I'd really like a copy of that! If someone could send me one I'll paypal your postage. Or give you an FTP server to upload it to.

I'm working on a screenplay with some big name professionals which is loosely based on my experiences growing up and I think that footage in the 3rd clip in which the lady is undressing with the children in the background is one of the scenes I've been trying to describe the right way. I was too young to remember but that clip really, really reminds me of the PI Jumbo!

Indian Joe 1

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 03:08 pm
I found it under a few layers of stuff on my desk. I just watched it. I thought it was really a good documentary. Lots of interviews.

It might be too long to post online, but I'd at least like to cut it up into some sound bytes and link to some of them in some of the articles here. For example, Peter Amsterdam talks about Mene in one section, and discusses some of her treatment, including exorcism.

Jane Miller Berg also appears and talks about Berg having multiple wives. Faithy is all over it talking about her exploits.

There are also some well known ex-members in it who have been active on the various websites. A lot of the interviews seemed to have taken place during a Fellowship Barney held in Laurel, I think that was in 1997.

Anonymous

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 02:08 pm
http://www.oplexicon.com/lp/loveprophet.avi
Duration: 52:21 Size: 152MB
Video: [DIVX 4/MPEG4] 352x240 24bpp 29.970 fps 250.0 kbps (30.5 kbyte/s)
Audio: MP3

Anonymous

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 03:50 pm
copy of "Love Prophet" DVD
I would love to have a copy! Can you send it to me at the address below? Thanks! (-:

Mike Knowles
176 Heritage Place, #270
Burlington, WA 98233

WalkerJ wrote:
I have a copy of this DVD. It contains a lecture from the "Heaven's Gate" leader and the "Love Prophet" documentary along with the 2 20/20 shows (the one with Vivian is already online).

I'll send a copy of it to whoever would like one. I had planned to convert it into a web format, but have been unable to do so due to my job switch. I'll be getting onto a normal schedule again after June 1st.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 06:26 pm
Re: copy of "Love Prophet" DVD
mjknowles wrote:
I would love to have a copy! Can you send it to me at the address below? Thanks! (-:

Mike Knowles
176 Heritage Place, #270
Burlington, WA 98233

OK. Will do.

PS: Jack, did you ever get your copy of this?

Jack 2

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 12:38 pm
Quote:
Jack, did you ever get your copy of this?

nope not yet.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 03:11 pm
Jack wrote:
Quote:
Jack, did you ever get your copy of this?

nope not yet.

Hmmm...not good. I'll burn another copy this evening and resend it.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 01:17 am
WalkerJ wrote:
mjknowles wrote:

Mike Knowles
176 Heritage Place, #270
Burlington, WA 98233

OK. Will do.

PS: Jack, did you ever get your copy of this?

Hi, WalkerJ. I was just wondering if you have sent the DVD out to me in the mail yet .... haven't received anything yet, so was just curious ... Very Happy

WalkerJ 1

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 06:19 pm
mjknowles wrote:
Hi, WalkerJ. I was just wondering if you have sent the DVD out to me in the mail yet .... haven't received anything yet, so was just curious ... Very Happy

It was supposed to be in the mail on Thursday. I just checked with my wife and she said didn't mail it yet. Sorry.

I'll put them in the mail tomorow.

Jack 2

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:35 pm
WalkerJ,

I got the cd jewl case you sent me. It broke in the mail or in my messenger bag after a long day of various deliveries. Apart from that, I really like. I just wish it had a cd in it. That would have made for something to do after my bong rip.

Smile

Could you drop another case in the mail, maybe with cd this time around? I would be just as inclined to download it. I've got a Jesus-load of bandwidth at my disposal and a video editing station so I can deal codecs. If you can spare the bandwidth, it could save you a couple minutes and bucks. Speaking of which, this being the 3rd time you're hooking me up, do you want a Paypal donation?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must return to my esteemed colleague Mr. Jameson and his little friend Pabst.

huzzah for being fuct up!

WalkerJ 1

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 10:14 pm
I must be the biggest dumbass ever. Embarrassed I could have sworn I stuck the DVD in the case. Sorry, man.

I just looked around my office and found the unmailed disk and will have it in the mail on Monday. I don't expect you to pay for my screw up, so no need to refund me.

Again, I'm sorry.

Monger 1

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 10:30 pm
That's funny. Smile Sounds like something I'd do, actually....The other day I came pretty close when mailing out several CDs in thin jewel cases to customers. They all arrived shattered. I have no idea what the postal service did to them, but the scene at teh beginning of Ace Ventura with Carey beating the crap out of his delivery package comes to mind.

Jack 2

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 02:23 pm
Actually, the CD case shattered in pretty cool pattern (yep, must be stoned). I really wouldn't blame the postal service or Jim Carrey for this one. I'm pretty brutal on sh1t I carry in my bag sometimes.

It's the whole messenger mentality. I'm only carrying checks and DVDs or Mini-DV tapes nowadays but I still ride a brakeless, fixed gear and act like everyone in their SUVs are trying to kill me (which they are). I put a nasty dent in the corner of my Powerbook when someone hit me with their big ol' Caddy. Apparently, if you have one eye and no depth perception you really shouldn't be talking on your cellphone while taking a left turn.

Acheick

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 06:00 pm
CDs
Hey Jack, try putting a CD in the microwave (one you don't want anymore, of course) and see how they look when they've been cooked a bit. Shocked

1. xFamily
  2. » Multimedia
  3. » The Love Prophet and the Children of God, 1998, by DLI
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 11:44:07