when Family member won't tell family their location

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » when Family member won't tell family their location

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 07:56 am
when Family member won't tell family their location
My brother, a 30+ year Family member, recently left Chile abruptly, went back to the states for a few weeks, and then left, and won't tell us where he is; says he can't.

When this happens, where is the person? I would think they could at least say, somewhere in Asia, Africa, etc. Are they in a top-level, secret location, possibly with the top leaders?

I would welcome any comments, conjecture from exers' experience. Also, reflections on the impact on your biological family ( parents, siblings) of your involvement in the Family?

Thanks.

Acheick

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 09:55 am
Carl - my guess is that he went to a secret meeting with top level leaders and he is possibly a leader as well. It might be due to media coverage that is now going on there in Chile. They are getting their battle plan ready.

Anonymous

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 01:40 pm
Chile coverage?
Acheick wrote:
Carl - my guess is that he went to a secret meeting with top level leaders and he is possibly a leader as well. It might be due to media coverage that is now going on there in Chile. They are getting their battle plan ready.

There is media coverage in Chile? Why has it not been reflected on xfam? Is there nobody there who can send it to xfam?

Anonymous

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 03:59 pm
There has not been any negative coverage in Chile that I am aware of. I live there (as a missionary, not with the Family).

As far as I know, he did not return to S. A., but who knows? Both he and his wife left, and during their stay with our family in the US, would not say where they were going. Just e-mailed saying "here we are in our new location."

It really hurts my parents, that he won't tell them where he is.

Acheick

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 04:11 pm
Sorry, Carl. I must be mistaken. Now I'm scratching my head trying to remember what I read and where. I have so many things on my mind right now, it's no surprise I've very likely mixed something up with some other country. I'm trying to clear my brain and think what it might have been that I'm thinking of.

In any event - it is tragic that your parents have to suffer they way they are. I sympathize. My mom suffered for 15 or so years worrying about me and not being able to see her grandchildren. I will forever be regretfull about that. She did, however, continue to pray for me and kept her hopes up. She was a remarkable woman.

evanman

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 05:05 pm
The situation in Chile maybe because of a recent cult case concerning the "Dignidad Community":
Quote:
[Colonia Dignidad] Argentina hands over fugitive in Chile sex case
http://www.religionnewsblog.com/10549/colonia-dignidad
The former head of a secretive German colony in southern Chile was flown to Santiago early Sunday after his arrest in Argentina.

Paul Schaefer, who founded the commune-like enclave in 1961, is wanted in connection with the disappearance of a dissident under the dictatorship of General Augusto Pinochet. Pinochet ruled from 1973-90.

Schaefer, 83, also faces charges of sexually abusing children at the colony, Colonia Dignidad, 400 kilometers, or 245 miles, south of Santiago. He was arrested Thursday near the Argentine capital of Buenos Aires.

For a host of related articles:
http://www.rickross.com/groups/schafer.html

Acheick

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:03 pm
Thanks, Evanman. I thought I read something about Chile. Because of that case, it si quite possible TF is gearing up in case they should start experiencing bad publicity. and, maybe there is more than we know about

Carlos 1

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 08:04 pm
Chile gov't and cults
The Chile government recently prohibited the Unification Church from operating in Chile. I'm not sure if that means they were expelled or simply censured.

An office or department of the government, it may be in the congress, has carried on a long investigation of non-Catholic, non-evangelical churches or religions, and I'm sure the Family was a topic of concern. I don't know what the outcome of that with respect to the Family was. I haven't heard or read anything, but then I don't have time to read the newspaper every day.

I know the Red Cross asked the Family to please not volunteer with them.

Back to the topic, how many of the Family live in undisclosed locations?

Monger 1

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 10:25 pm
Re: when Family member won't tell family their location
Carl D. wrote:
My brother, a 30+ year Family member, recently left Chile abruptly, went back to the states for a few weeks, and then left, and won't tell us where he is; says he can't.

When this happens, where is the person? I would think they could at least say, somewhere in Asia, Africa, etc. Are they in a top-level, secret location, possibly with the top leaders?

If your brother is more or less on good terms with you and has in the past not had a problem with telling you where he is, this sounds very much like he moved to a WS (World Services) home, or in other words, a "top-level, secret location, possibly with top leaders". When this happens, even other members of the cult are not allowed to know where they are, much less outsiders (including personal family). These centers follow a number of enhanced security procedures, including having all outgoing and incoming communications screened, members must assume a name for use only within WS (separate from their legal and Bible names), etc.

Anonymous

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 03:46 am
I hear you
Guest wrote:

It really hurts my parents, that he won't tell them where he is.

I was born in the cult and ran away years ago to make a new life. My parents, who are still in the cult, won't tell me where they are.

evanman

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 05:58 am
Since 2001 the Pro-Cult organisation CESNUR have been voicing concerns about events in Chile. CoG/Family are at the top of their list of groups that they are worried for.
http://www.cesnur.org/2001/chile_july_01.htm

Anonymous

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 10:38 am
Re: when Family member won't tell family their location
Carl D. wrote:

I would welcome any comments, conjecture from exers' experience. Also, reflections on the impact on your biological family ( parents, siblings) of your involvement in the Family?

Thanks.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 10:49 am
International man of mystery, off to secret meetings to discuss the new revelations that the Lord has revealed, what new attacks of the enemy and the new security measures are going to be, must be so fun all this cloak and dagger stuff, the danger, having to look over your shoulder for villians and spies. always a new secret mission , undercover. don't say too much as this site is being monitered and watched by someone assigned to report back and alert the others. Well ,life is to important to bother with such nonsense because we we have to go back to work and face real problems.

Day 1

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 12:24 pm
TF's delusional melodramas serve to muddy the waters and divert attention away from the more pressing issues confronting the cult; their accountability and responsibility for the psychological, physical and sexual abuse sanctioned and promoted within their ranks, both past and present.

You know, I hope "well-intentioned" TF members will give themselves enough credit, take the chance and read the info and postings on these X Family websites. Maybe some will recognize that they do have options.

JASONLANIK

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 11:27 am
CHERUB wrote:
International man of mystery, off to secret meetings to discuss the new revelations that the Lord has revealed, what new attacks of the enemy and the new security measures are going to be, must be so fun all this cloak and dagger stuff, the danger, having to look over your shoulder for villians and spies. always a new secret mission , undercover. don't say too much as this site is being monitered and watched by someone assigned to report back and alert the others. Well ,life is to important to bother with such nonsense because we we have to go back to work and face real problems.

It was so abnormal, bizare and amazing they could make it a video game. Shocked

mrj123

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 11:55 am
JASONLANIK wrote:

It was so abnormal, bizare and amazing they could make it a video game. Shocked

LOL. It is bizzare

Yes, TF's behaviour certainly does not reflect the behaviour of the 12 disciples and Jesus Christ. Everyone knew where Jesus was residing, but nobody seems to know the locations of TF's leaders because they all seem to be in secret bunkers.

The Family functions more like the Masonic Lodge with all it's secrets and deceptions, as oppose to functioning as a Christian organization.

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » when Family member won't tell family their location
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 05:43:27