Looking For Mo Letters

1. xFamily
  2. » Documents
  3. » Looking For Mo Letters

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:39 pm
Looking For Mo Letters
Hello, my name is Josh. I'm new to these boards but I've been using this site for research for several months now. I'm a 23 year old touring Christian rock musician from North Dakota, and I have a fascination with the Jesus Movement, it's music, and it's periphrialy related organizations. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give or sell me any hard copies of the Mo Letters for my personal research library. I managed to find Vol. 3 but haven't been able to locate any of the others yet. If someone can help me in my search please let me know. Thank you.

-Josh

P.S. I should also say that I understand that this site is an open forum for all COG/FI material and the purpose is to make that material available to everyone. In light of that understanding, I would definately be willing to send any material I recieve to whomever it may be that scans stuff to this site if it isn't already available here. I am just trying to put together the most thorough collection of hard copy material relating to the Jesus Movement I can to perhaps preserve some of the era's physical history for my generation and generations to come. I hope to someday open something like a free museum/library that focuses on the history of Christian Rock, The Jesus Movement, modern Cults, and Christian Communal Movements. I don't know exactly when that will happen, but it will.

Thorwald 1

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:07 pm
Re: Looking For Mo Letters
You can find most of the "Mo Letters" online here: http://pubs.xfamily.org/

revivalnineties

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 10:01 pm
Yeah, I stumbled upon those pretty early on. This site has done an amazing job of posting litterature and documents. But as I said... I would really like to obtain hard copies eventually if possible. Thank you for your response though!

-Josh

solomon 1

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 08:25 am
I was in the family im 34 in jax fl I have 300 mo letters 20 vedios how do you know the family

revivalnineties

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 01:06 pm
I had been studying the history of Christian music and eventually worked my way back to the Jesus Movement. When I reached that point it was a short step from the music to the movement itself. Since then I've been especially interested in the communes and cults that emerged from the movement. As you know the Family was one of the largest of these groups and has one of the most tragic stories. I have been trying to get a hold of as much original material as possible to study and document for my personal research. It's just really hard to find up here in North Dakota since I don't think the Family ever had a presence here, and I don't have a whole lot of time to be asking around when my band is out on the road.

I've only ever managed to find one hard copy of any of the Mo Letters. It is Vol. 3. I am attempting to compile something of a library of original, hard copy, material so that someday I can share what I have been learning. I believe it's very important to preserve the history of the Jesus Movement (and especially the Family) because of their important role in both building and destroying so many lives, and because of the effect they have had on the church and society in general. Preserving the hard documents from within the Family is especially important to me due to the massive pub-purges that have taken place throughout the years. The more history that gets erased the easier it is to deny it ever took place at all.

This site obviously serves as a great tool for exposing and holding onto much of that history. However, as I said, I would like to store up hard copies of actual documents. If you have any interest in sharing any of your collection with me, or would just like to chat, feel free to send me a private message. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to this post!

-Josh

wakiwi

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 08:00 pm
@solomon 1,
Hi Solomon,

Do you still have Mo Letters you're willing to sell? If so, I'm very interested.

Thanks,
W

1. xFamily
  2. » Documents
  3. » Looking For Mo Letters
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/23/2024 at 08:59:09