Dr. Koger

1. xFamily
  2. » Documents
  3. » Dr. Koger

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

m 2

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 11:00 am
Dr. Koger
As far as I can remember(and according to LoG), Dr Koger was supposed to have been involved in Colgate somehow (founder?)

I'm not sure I remember correctly, it may be that Koger was merely telling Berg about him, but that was the impression I got.

If that is the case, does anyone know if it is based in reality? I couldn't find anything about any Koger having anything to do with Colgate.

Cookie 2

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 12:56 pm
according to referenceforbusiness.com:

"In 1806, when the company was founded by 23-year-old William Colgate, it concentrated exclusively on selling starch, soap, and candles from its New York City-based factory and shop. Upon entering his second year of business, Colgate became partners with Francis Smith, and the company became Smith and Colgate, a name it kept until 1812 when Colgate purchased Smith's share of the company and offered a partnership to his brother, Bowles Colgate. Now called William Colgate and Company, the firm expanded its manufacturing operations to a Jersey City, New Jersey, factory in 1820; this factory produced Colgate's two major products, Windsor toilet soaps and Pearl starch.

Upon its founder's death in 1857, the firm changed its name to Colgate & Company and was run by President Samuel Colgate until his death 40 years later. During his tenure several new products were developed, including perfumes, essences, and perfumed soap. The manufacture of starch was discontinued in 1866 after a fire destroyed the factory."

m 2

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 01:57 am
Hmmm, maybe he was just being told about William Colgate's supposed lifestory... not sure why I associate it with Koger.

Cookie 2

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 08:31 am
thre's also the colgate story in LWG. Dr. Koger was Berg's family's friend/doctor(?)/partner in his mother's church business or something like that -- according to Berg

Arssle

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 09:20 am
You're probably mixing LWG and LOG cause there was a story in one of the LWG's about Colgate. Anyway, who cares. This should be in "General"

1. xFamily
  2. » Documents
  3. » Dr. Koger
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:58:48