TURFS?

  1. xFamily
  2. » Documents
  3. » TURFS?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 09:12 am
TURFS?
i remember the home leaders always asking my parents for my familys legal info for the monthly TRF, i would very much like to know what information was required and if possible could see a TRF form.

does the family still use them even now? and since the family tithes 14 percent i believe now to Mama Maria and the WS i who does mama and WS tithe to?
 
Peter Frouman
 
Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 11:55 am
I think you mean TRF (Tither's Report Form) and not TURF. They are still used although now they are completed and turned in using a software application called TeleTRF.

They collect data not only about every person in a Home but also about relatives whether in TF or not.
 
Thorwald 1
 
Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 05:16 pm
see also: Family Missions Foundation
 
Cookie 2
 
Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 07:47 pm
Re: TURFS?
alieninside wrote:
who does mama and the secret homes tithe to?


They say they give that money to the "missionaries" in needy fields like Palestine and the middle east, etc.
 
m 2
 
Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 03:35 am
Re: TURFS?
Cookie wrote:
alieninside wrote:
who does mama and the secret homes tithe to?


They say they give that money to the "missionaries" in needy fields like Palestine and the middle east, etc.

"Do" they? I thought it was supposed to be for living expenses and the pubs and GNs and all.
 
Monger 1
 
Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 05:44 pm
Re: TURFS?
m wrote:
"Do" they? I thought it was supposed to be for living expenses and the pubs and GNs and all.

I think cookie meant that that's where WS members themselves say they send their tithes. I.e., large numbers of Family homes tithe to WS, and a smaller number of WS homes tithe to Family members.
 
Cookie 2
 
Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 05:53 pm
yep. 8)
 
evanman
 
Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 03:38 pm
Funny how we used to always state that we raised funds for missions abroad, yet the money never went directly to these missions, they always went to Switzerland. Probably entering some Swiss bank account.

Reminds me of a number of other "ministries" (Remar, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Creflo(adsa) Dollar(s) etc.).
 
Anonymous
 
Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 12:26 pm
As explained in ML #3159:96, WS tithes 10% of all its income to the Family Aid Fund (FAF), which funds gifts to "pioneer" homes, homes in poor or difficult fields, translators, and many others. The FAF also supplies Home Emergency Rescue (HER) funds to all Homes, which may be used as an interest-free loan in case of emergency. In extreme cases, WS may refund the money, changing it from an interest-free loan to a free gift.

For alieninside: Family homes' 14% "tithe" does not all go to WS/"Mama and Peter". It is designated as follows:

10% -- tithe to WS (WS provides "Mama and Peter's" budget)
1% -- FAF (approximately equal to WS's contribution)
3% -- Area "Common Pot" (used by Area leadership to pay administrative costs and Area projects)

WS publishes statistics annually on its use of the funds it recieves, as well as those of the FAF and other WS divisions. These are included in "year-end" GNs, traditionally written by Peter, along with descriptions of projects in progress or completed and other relevant information from WS.
 
Monger 1
 
Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 09:00 pm
Jao-Quin wrote:
WS publishes statistics annually on its use of the funds it recieves, as well as those of the FAF and other WS divisions.

True, but the reporting is completely non-transparent. All that is publicly reported (and by that I mean to Family members only) is a percentage breakdown between a number of categories where finances were spent, with no dollar figures included. Further, no one (outside of a few key financial personnel in WS) is able to verify the percentages given. The statistics are effectively worthless.
 
GracemarieTamarMarie
 
Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 10:25 pm
evanman wrote:
Funny how we used to always state that we raised funds for missions abroad, yet the money never went directly to these missions, they always went to Switzerland.

Many, many years ago, my husband in the family did the books. We were discourged from sharing info with one another so he didn't discuss with me what was eating away at him. After leaving of course he did. I can't speak for now, but definitely then there was no question that money was being spent INAPPROPRIATELY. By that I mean extravagently and wastefully and just wrong, wrong, wrong. Basically, when we were "litnessing" we were lying. Maybe lying in part, but in my world that still equates lying.
 
JASONLANIK
 
Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 09:52 pm
litnessing
Gracemarie(Tamar/Marie) wrote:
evanman wrote:
Funny how we used to always state that we raised funds for missions abroad, yet the money never went directly to these missions, they always went to Switzerland.

Many, many years ago, my husband in the family did the books. We were discourged from sharing info with one another so he didn't discuss with me what was eating away at him. After leaving of course he did. I can't speak for now, but definitely then there was no question that money was being spent INAPPROPRIATELY. By that I mean extravagently and wastefully and just wrong, wrong, wrong. Basically, when we were "litnessing" we were lying. Maybe lying in part, but in my world that still equates lying.

Yes we were lying when we were litnessing. I never remember actually giving anything to the poor and needy. We would ask for donations from the poor all the time but never returned the favor. All the money raised in the FI never went to help others. What a scam.
 
 

 
  1. xFamily
  2. » Documents
  3. » TURFS?
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 08/14/2020 at 08:15:28