Letters from parents

1. xFamily
  2. » Documents
  3. » Letters from parents

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Acheick

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 05:57 pm
Letters from parents
During my family history researches, I came across letters my mother had saved from when she visited me in 1974 or 1975. She had written to the parents of many of TF members that she had met there in Bangkok. I wanted to post them here because I thought they would be an interesting window on what it was like in the 70s and the way people lived and thought. Also, another interesting point is how many members came from very religious backgrounds and of families with strong ties and bonds and how strongly so many were searching and truly wanting to do something right and for God.

Coordinators - if you want to move these somewhere else or put them up for viewing - do what you think is best.

Heavener, Oklahoma

February 16, 1975

Dear _______:

I can’t begin to tell you how very pleased we were to get your nice letter telling of your meeting our son. Although he is very faithful about writing and calls on the phone when he can, there is nothing like hearing how he is doing first hand from someone who has seen him so recently. We have often wondered if anyone ever actually found “themâ€

1. xFamily
  2. » Documents
  3. » Letters from parents
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 07:30:10