Confidential Questionaire

1. xFamily
  2. » Documents
  3. » Confidential Questionaire

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 09:13 am
Confidential Questionaire
This morning I was looking at the 1978 "Confidential Questionaire" put out by Mo & Maria. As a survey researcher, I have to ask a few questions. What was the point of this survey? To what use did M&M plan to put all this information? The timing suggests it had to do with the leadership purge and RNR, but the survey goes all over the place with questions.

This is an exhaustive, open-ended survey with 233 questions. If there were only 3,000 or so adult members at the time (assuming this went out at the height of the big RNR purge), I have to wonder how all the results were compiled into a report. We're talking about thousands of hours of sifting through responses and coding information into categories. What happened to all the survey responses? Could this information still be sitting in a warehoused file container somewhere?

Anonymous

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 10:16 pm
the Family of Interrogatories Love
The Family leaders liked questionnaires. This one reminds me of the one they had us fill out at the first Teen Training Camp in 1986. Who have you shared with, what adults, who you would like to share with that you haven't. Or: what are your biggest "trials" about, what is the worst thing you ever did in your life, etc.

Then they also had the Open Heart Reports or OHRs, which at certain times had to be filled out daily. One such OHR led to the persecution of Mene Berg.

They liked control. Control when you were in, and I also believe these questionnaires served to get muck to rack when somebody left and spoke out. They would say "so and so did sich and such, they even admitted it themselves," bla bla bla.

1. xFamily
  2. » Documents
  3. » Confidential Questionaire
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:27:05