Family Pubs still needing formatting work

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Monger 1

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 09:39 pm
Received from Acheick July 3rd (same pages from The Last State I linked to earlier):

- last state pp 540-549.pdf
- last state pp 550-563.pdf

---------------------

received July 7th:

- last state pp 564-571.pdf - The rest of The Last State

Alternate copies of some pages
- last state pp 541-549 1200 dpi.pdf
- test 1200 dpi.pdf

Acheick

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 12:58 pm
The Last State
There, I put it in caps! I know, I've been lazy on being grammatically correct. Gosh darn it, Evanguy, now I have to proofread - see what you've done? Rolling Eyes

Anyways, I'm now scanning in B/W with a dpi of 1200 which seems to work fine. It's quick to send on the email which is great for my slow connection. Thanks WalkerJ for letting me know all that tech stuff.

I hope this is a help for you guys. Now that I've got the process figured out, I'll do more for you with what I've got.

Sorry for taking so long and repeating efforts so much, but I had to try it a few times to see what worked best. Thanks for bearing with me.

I'll finish the last part of the letter in 1200 dpi maybe tomorrow. I'm on my way out the door to go river rafting. So much fun.

evanman

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 01:14 pm
Awww!!!! Sad You blamin@ me now? Shocked

Don't worry---Only too happy to keep people on their toes!

Twisted Evil

Thorwald 1

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 06:02 pm
Well, now that we are on the subject of grammar . . . there is no "s" in "anyway".

Very Happy

Acheick

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 10:08 pm
Thorwald!!! Anywayssss...is a colloquialism, at least with my family. It's fun to use because it's odd and people fall all over themselves over it. I love to break the rules. But so glad to see you point it out, because you are very observant.

Rafting was a ton of fun, BTW. Wish you all could join me.

Thorwald 1

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 10:57 pm
Oh. I realise "anyways" has become a colloquialism. I was just having some fun (in my boring life ;-) )

I still, however, cringe when I hear it spoken.

All the best!

Acheick

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 09:31 am
Yeah - I got it from my daughters. For some reason, they use it in that fashion. I guess it's a generation thing.

Why do you think your life is boring? You are working on something very important. When I get bored, I go hiking or do something in the outdoors. That seems to cure it pretty good.

Monger 1

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 06:26 pm
Acheick, do you have "Hong Kong Goolagong!--The Battle of the Bosoms!" (ML 980)? Much, if not all, of the original text can be found here, and I'm not really interested in another copy of that, but I am interesting in posting the cover artwork. Didn't the cover include an image of Hong Kong Goolagong itself?

Acheick

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 09:06 pm
hong kong goolagong
The prof has most of what I have, so I will ask him. If it's in there, I will be able to photocopy the front cover art work and scan it for you. I will be able to see him on Tues. Will let you know what he says. Did you get the other last state text I sent as 1200 dpi? I have been lagging on finishing the last bit, so tedious and I've been lazy today. Sorry. I will finish it tomorrow.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 10:22 pm
Re: hong kong goolagong
Acheick wrote:
Did you get the other last state text I sent as 1200 dpi? I have been lagging on finishing the last bit, so tedious and I've been lazy today. Sorry. I will finish it tomorrow.

I downloaded the two 1200 dpi files above, but the images in the PDFs are closer to 100 dpi and no different from the first batch.

One scanner I had would warn you that the resolution you were trying to scan at was too high and would prompt you to adjust it automatically. Could it be that something similar is resetting it back to 100 dpi even though you specify a higher res?

Acheick

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 03:01 am
oh darn
I don't know. Bummer. I'll look at it tomorrow. I never scanned anything as b/w before, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'll try again.

Monger 1

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 03:27 pm
Higher quality page scans of The Last State received from Acheick:

http://xfamily.org/TMP/Last%20State%20pp%20563-567.pdf
http://xfamily.org/TMP/last%20state%20pp%20568-572%20color%20600.pdf
http://xfamily.org/TMP/p%20541%20test%20600%20color.pdf

WalkerJ (and other editors), she wanted me to ask if you'd prefer to have the rest of the letter like these.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 06:10 am
I'm downloading them now. Will let you know ASAP how the quality is.

Monger 1

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 11:58 pm
Re: hong kong goolagong
Acheick wrote:
The prof has most of what I have, so I will ask him. If it's in there, I will be able to photocopy the front cover art work and scan it for you.

Thanks for sending it. It's been posted at the following pages:

- http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Hong_Kong_Goolagong
- http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Category:Family_Art

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 10/23/2024 at 08:59:08