Demonstrating Zerby’s insanity

1. xFamily
  2. » Documents
  3. » Demonstrating Zerby’s insanity

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 08:36 am
Demonstrating Zerby’s insanity
Does anyone remember which Life With Grandpa had that story in which Berg wanted to kill a fly but it “disappearedâ€

WalkerJ 1

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 12:30 pm
I have all the scans of the LWGs and am working on converting them to PDF. I'll make sure to include this story. Will have some of them up soon.

evanman

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 09:53 am
I don't think that this is the proof of her insanity. I do not believe that she is insane, she is wicked and an evildoer. To say she is insane would say that she is not responsible for her actions.

She knows full well that what she has been promoting all these years is against nature!

Anonymous

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 10:11 am
Thanks JW. I can’t believe my parents hooked up with such wackos!

Evanman, I beg to differ. I do not believe that insanity removes responsibility for ones actions. It is widely believed that Hitler and Stalin were insane – though they were also very intelligent and cunning. Assuming they were insane, does that mean they were not responsible for their actions?

Monger 1

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 10:25 am
Jered, you and evanman may be using different definitions &/or understandings of insanity.

The following is from Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, 1996:
Quote:
Main Entry: in·san·i·ty
Function: noun
1 : unsoundness of mind or lack of the ability to understand that prevents one from having the mental capacity required by law to enter into a particular relationship, status, or transaction or that releases one from criminal or civil responsibility: as a : a disease, defect, or condition of the mind that renders one unable to understand the nature of a criminal act or the fact that it is wrong or to conform one's conduct to the requirements of the law being violated b : inability to understand and participate in legal proceedings brought against one : INCOMPETENCE c : inability to understand the nature and purpose of a punishment (as the death penalty) to which one has been sentenced d : inability to understand the nature and consequences of one's acts (as making a will) or of events, matters, or proceedings in which one is involved —see also COMMITMENT, DURHAM RULE, IRRESISTIBLE IMPULSE TEST, M'NAGHTEN TEST, NOT GUILTY BY REASON OF INSANITY, SUBSTANTIAL CAPACITY TEST —compare CAPACITY, COMPETENCY, COMPETENT, DIMINISHED CAPACITY, SANITY
2 : the affirmative defense of having acted while insane

I don't recall ever personally reading Hitler or Stalin being described as sufferring from insanity.

Anonymous

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 12:08 pm
I agree, the definition of insanity you provided here does not apply to Karen Zerby. I believe she is insane by this definition:

Very foolish; absurd:

evanman

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 03:12 pm
I think that you will find that Zerby, Hitler, Stalin and all similar monsters are Psycopaths. Psycopathy is not a mental illnes, nor is it insanity!

Anonymous

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 05:47 pm
Interesting topic
There's ample evidence that Zerby is a psychopath/sociopath. While the terms are often used interchangeably, some forensic psychologists make a distinction between them, with psychopathy including delusional thought processes--such as the incident with the fly in the bathroom.

Delusional thought processes in and of themselves do not make someone insane. Some people believe a dead rabbi rose from the dead in the 1st century AD. Is that a delusion or a religious belief? Some people believe they can fly. If they attempt to fly from a tall building, they're likely to get hurt. Evaluating whether a belief is delusional or a matter of faith depends entirely on whether the belief is likely to cause harm to self or others. Zerby's belief about the fly is consistent with her belief in a supernatural servant god who is at her beck-and-call. Some might call that a delusion of grandeur, particularly if their concept of God has been colored by an attitude of humility.

My current theory about Zerb's wacked-out headworks is found in the clinical definition of "folie a deux," which is a delusional disorder made up of two people.

evanman

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 01:55 am
Quote:
My current theory about Zerb's wacked-out headworks is found in the clinical definition of "folie a deux," which is a delusional disorder made up of two people.

Wouldn't this be classed as a "Conspiracy"?

WalkerJ 1

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 12:10 pm
The LWGs are posted (with more on the way). The story mentioned above can be found here: http://www.xfamily.org/images/1/1c/LWG2_108-117_Mommy_and_the_Mosquito.pdf

For all LWGs currently online, see: http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Life_with_Grandpa

Anonymous

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 02:13 pm
Here's the wikipedia definition & discussion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folie_%C3%A0_deux

You could call it conspiracy, but conspiracy doesn't imply a problem with reality-based reasoning, aka, rational thought.

folie a deux is a shared delusional system that reinforces itself--e.g., "I'm God's end-time prophet and you are the Queen of Heaven. Amen, Yes!" There's also paranoia: "We're being persecuted for our beliefs because we pose such a threat to Satan's kingdom."

Another term for "folie a deux" is "induced delusional disorder." It occurs when two (or more) people are shut off from all outside influence so that they exist entirely within their own warped construction of reality. Berg & Maria believed mosquitos are Satanic beasts who can appear and disappear supernaturally and exist for no other purpose except to persecute humankind. That's getting pretty close to the example of folie-a-deux given in the wikipedia citation.

I'm thinking about changing my nick to Mosquito Mommy. That LWG is priceless.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 08:41 am
All this talk of insanity and whatnot – points are valid, but when it comes to the “story of the flyâ€

Anonymous

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 04:11 am
i remember
haha i do infact remember that part of the story, lmao this really takes me back...wow

m 2

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 04:40 am
Dude, that totally made my day: "What!? It disappeared!! ZOMG the Devil did it!!!11" bwaaahahahahahah Laughing Laughing

Anonymous

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 05:06 pm
ugh..
the fact that there is even a DEBATE as to whether these people were sound of mind astounds me. The organisation is a disgrace. How much, really, has it changed since the 90s? There is clear demarcation between free speech/expression and the abuse of children, a line this organisation did not recognise.

winter 1

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 07:24 pm
Cookie wrote:
All this talk of insanity and whatnot – points are valid, but when it comes to the “story of the flyâ€

BlackELk

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2007 02:52 pm
The main thing about Zerby brain that impresses me is not her mental status, e.g., her delusions, but her character, which in her case is psychopathic. The woman does not have a normal conscience, inasmuch as she is totally incapable of feeling empathy for other people. Rick said it best: She is cold & heartless. She can act "as if" she understands other people's feelings, but she has no problem sleeping at night because she cannot begin to really feel the suffering others endure as a consequence of her behavior and choices. She sees other human beings as objects to be manipulated for her purposes, not as individuals with a right to self-determination.

Cookie 2

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2007 04:07 pm
a couple disturbing thots...

The LWG's were made for kids (young kids) and even those, not just the adult material, had to be purged when there was persecution. so that says something about what they were trying to teach us. i've never heard of another company (or church) recalling or asking customers/members to delete pages out of their books for children, or draw braws on boobs and underwear on naked southern parts.

Hey, remember that funny Abrahim the Gypsy King quote about the girls not wearing any panties..... heh heh heh! i was so sad when we had to purge that cuz it always made me laugh.
Laughing

and what a sad day it was when Heaven's Girl was taken completely from the shelves!! I felt like i was robbed of my guide book to the future. as far as the way it flowed, it was the most exciting thing i had ever been allowed to read and so it was facinating to me, especially since they told us Berg had had this prophecy, and forgot to mention it was fictional and put together piece by piece by horney guys, and particularly someone lusting after his own grand daughter. I must have read it through 100 x or more. i honestly was looking forward to being gang-banged eventually. i think i was like 13 or so at that time.

I don't think it's normal at all to allow your children to led to believe one of them may turn out to be her, if we were pretty, or maybe end up dead, if no one wanted to screw us. any other 2nd gener from the age of 25~35 remember your feelings about Heaven's Girl and how it was made to seem the reality of the future for us?

makes me sick to think of the desired intent of that thick red book, but somehow, i still wanna read it again. :+)

Cookie 2

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2007 09:07 pm
also, i find it strange how they had us kids purging those books along side the adults and filling in the naked spots with clothes, like an art project. weird.

winter 1

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 12:37 am
Cookie wrote:

and what a sad day it was when Heaven's Girl was taken completely from the shelves!! I felt like i was robbed of my guide book to the future. as far as the way it flowed, it was the most exciting thing i had ever been allowed to read and so it was facinating to me, especially since they told us Berg had had this prophecy, and forgot to mention it was fictional and put together piece by piece by horney guys, and particularly someone lusting after his own grand daughter. I must have read it through 100 x or more. i honestly was looking forward to being gang-banged eventually. i think i was like 13 or so at that time.

When that came out, I couldn't read yet and I was too shy to look at it cuz it had girls boobs in it. What I do remember is that all the otherboys older than me thought it was fantastic. It was the latest rage. That daddies and mommies like it too. I was learning to read "peter and jane"... Thank God!

1. xFamily
  2. » Documents
  3. » Demonstrating Zerby’s insanity
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:13:59