Abi Freeman to appear on channel 5 programme

1. xFamily
  2. » Press
  3. » Abi Freeman to appear on channel 5 programme

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:55 pm
Abi Freeman to appear on channel 5 programme
The "wild-haired and snaggletoothed" former Family spokesperson Abi Freeman will appear on a UK TV program on channel 5 tomorrow (August 21) at 7:15PM.

Quote:

Professor Taylor also interviews Abi Freeman. She's a wild-haired and snaggletoothed veteran of The Family, formerly a Californian sex cult called The Children Of God.
The cult used to encourage free love in all its permutations, especially with its founder, David Berg, who died in 1994. It has been reinvented as a fundamentalist Christian organisation with 10,000 members.

Abi spends her days seeking out modern manifestations of 666, the number of the beast from the Bible's Book of Revelations. She thinks the trend for microchips on bank cards and even having them implanted under your skin is 666, "the mark of Satan".

When the day comes that we all have our bank details implanted in our arms, we will have "embraced the Anti-Christ". Then pestilence, war, famine and death, aka the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, will rule until the second coming of Christ, the battle of Armageddon and the creation of a new Heaven and Earth.

Sixtysomething Abi is looking forward to it all and says: "I would like to think Christ will come in my lifetime."

As Professor Taylor says: "Again, she seemed completely rational and reasonable until it seemed one part of her brain clicked in and out came all this ludicrous nonsense, confusing technology and the Old Testament."

A Very British Apocalypse, tomorrow, 7.15pm, Channel 5.

Source: Daily Express: How Close Is The End of The World - 2007-08-20

See also: Judgment Days - New Humanist, Volume 121 Issue 3 May/June 2006

m 2

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 11:57 am
Sweet, I will record it.

m 2

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 12:59 pm
Her segment was very short, just 2 or 3 minutes. Nothing sensational.

Let me know if you want it.

Thorwald 1

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:01 pm
m wrote:
Nothing sensational.

We are not at all only looking for the "sensational". In fact, I'd like to think that is a minor representation of the content we serve.

We welcome anything and everything related to this group.

m 2

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 11:32 pm
What I meant was, nothing too "out there", i.e. TF's weird beliefs - just typical Christian fundamentalism.

1. xFamily
  2. » Press
  3. » Abi Freeman to appear on channel 5 programme
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 07:12:31