Kobe Family Missions

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Kobe Family Missions

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 07:52 am
Kobe Family Missions
Hmmm... interesting link to see how the "Kobe Family Missions" is helping people with PTDS (Post Traumatic Distress Syndrome) after the Indonesian Tsunami.

My question... why can't they help provide counseling for exmembers who are going through equally or worse trauma and distress since leaving the group??

Here's the link... sorry only in Japanese. Notice the "keypower"!

http://tsunami.keypower.jp/

evanman

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 10:29 am
They are only interested in recruitment, prosyletism!

Like Jesus Christ said:
Quote:
Mat 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Anonymous

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 10:43 am
I couldn't get the English language page to boot.

PTSD is a medical condition, a psychiatric diagnosis. Has TFI linked up with Doctors without Borders? Does the website specifically state "counseling for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder"--? If it does, it would appear that TFI members are practising psychiatric counseling without appropriate training & licensure.

A statement like "Christian counseling & social support for people traumatized by the tsunami" would more accurately describe what they do. This isn't trauma counseling, btw. Trauma counselors are trained to recognize when the patient should refer to a doctor for medication to control symptoms, like nightmares, flashbacks, and panic attacks.

One of the problems that I see with TFI is that they don't have a clue about the permanent, long-term brain damage that was done to many of the survivors. They'll point out successful SG professionals who have moved on with their lives and have no idea how many of these recovering people take psychiatric medications and go through periodic relapses where they require hospitalization.

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Kobe Family Missions
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:13:01