BB World News Interview

1. xFamily
  2. » Press
  3. » BB World News Interview

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 08:15 pm
BB World News Interview
At the risk of sounding like a Family person, I'll say it anyway: Sarafina and Don really got the message out! Yayyyy! TYJ! PTL! GFY!!!

I feel the need to mock my vulnerability about the documentary. It was very good, and it had the feel of a couple of accomplished missionary kids doing seriously good public testimony on television media. Actually, it had a family feel all of its own. The family of survivors.

I hope my comments don't give the impression of diminishment. The public testimony was courageous and well done.

What are the possibilities that the crimes of Zerby & Company could be prosecuted in GB under that legal system? There is an opportunity to change the law in the U.S., but it will take a long time and sustained strategizing. An issue like international child abuse does not make much difference in a corporatist state. The constituents don't have any oil or WMD or opium poppies or cacao.

Claire is such a joke. WS needs to help her invent some less obvious lies and retool the spin to where "Father David" takes more responsibility for the molestation of 5-year-old and rape of 12-year-old girls. Better yet, the next interviewer needs to nail her to the wall about why Karen Zerby won't speak for herself in the media. Maybe because Queenie would spill the beans if that bird-brain ever stepped in front of a camera and microphone?

exSharon

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 11:32 pm
Re: BB World News Interview
CB/BE wrote:

What are the possibilities that the crimes of Zerby & Company could be prosecuted in GB under that legal system? There is an opportunity to change the law in the U.S., but it will take a long time and sustained strategizing. An issue like international child abuse does not make much difference in a corporatist state. The constituents don't have any oil or WMD or opium poppies or cacao.

In my state, the slaughter of horses for overseas food or for other products was finally outlawed. It took people with the know how and ability to advocate for this and to circulate petitions utilizing the internet and I supported it. I signed the cyber petition and clicked a button to forward it to my senators and congresspeople. I made calls to them too. I do think something can be done but the frustration is who knows how to put it together and get something going that would drive for legislation that would affect protecting kids in High Demand orgs and providing changes in law that would enable them to seek justice? I know if this could be formulated on a state by state basis, by someone who knows the law and how to do this, it could be addressed. It would take time and be tedious. But I don't think it is impossible.

max 1

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:31 am
Re: BB World News Interview
ex-Sharon wrote:
CB/BE wrote:

In my state, the slaughter of horses for overseas food or for other products was finally outlawed. It took people with the know how and ability to advocate for this and to circulate petitions utilizing the internet and I supported it. I signed the cyber petition and clicked a button to forward it to my senators and congresspeople. I made calls to them too. I do think something can be done but the frustration is who knows how to put it together and get something going that would drive for legislation that would affect protecting kids in High Demand orgs and providing changes in law that would enable them to seek justice? I know if this could be formulated on a state by state basis, by someone who knows the law and how to do this, it could be addressed. It would take time and be tedious. But I don't think it is impossible.

With respect to the laws of the “United Kingdomâ€

Anonymous

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 05:33 pm
ex-Sharon wrote:

Quote:
I do think something can be done but the frustration is who knows how to put it together and get something going that would drive for legislation that would affect protecting kids in High Demand orgs and providing changes in law that would enable them to seek justice?

The change needs to happen at the federal level--a state-by-state approach would never adequately address international law.

There is a movement being led by Dr. Marci Hamilton, a NYC law professor. She wrote a book that's vital reading if you're interested in signing on to the US campaign to help victims of religiously-based childhood abuse. The books is, "God vs. the Gavel: Religion and the Rule of Law."

An SG friend will be testifying in Congress as a consequence of this legal movement to change laws so that they favor the prosecution of crimes such as those committed by TFI leadership. My friend posted an article about giving testimony a few months ago at Movingon, but I can't locate the article right now and provide you with a link.

Note to Mystery Woman of Der Miestersingers: Read this post and chime in on the opportunity for testimony in Congress.

max 1

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 02:51 am
CB der Miestersingers wrote:
ex-Sharon wrote:

Quote:
I do think something can be done but the frustration is who knows how to put it together and get something going that would drive for legislation that would affect protecting kids in High Demand orgs and providing changes in law that would enable them to seek justice?

CB der Miestersingers quote
The change needs to happen at the federal level--a state-by-state approach would never adequately address international law.

A state-by-state approach would most certainly have no effect whatsoever on Internationla Law !
The USA maybe a powerful country, but it is for soveriegn states to make their own laws.
It is one thing to lobby against trade rules and regulations (Ref the case of the export of horsemeat) but changing and repealing criminal laws is somewhat different and in this instance not practical.
Still at least your thinking in the right direction.
Happy New Year

Love & God Bless

Max

1. xFamily
  2. » Press
  3. » BB World News Interview
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:01:34