Just a Question

1. xFamily
  2. » Press
  3. » Just a Question

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 08:21 am
Just a Question
Hi just a question, Is the belife in family still alive, are there still followers??

evanman

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 05:42 pm
Check out the archives.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 07:41 pm
Re: Just a Question
Bongo wrote:
Hi just a question, Is the belife in family still alive, are there still followers??

Hi Bongo,

Yes. They are still active and boast a core membership of about 9,000. Their population, however, has been steadily declining for the last several years.

For more information, see:

http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Statistics

http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Main_Page

max 1

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 03:33 pm
Bongo wrote:

Of course there are still followers at least 12,000 !

WalkerJ 1

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 11:52 pm
max wrote:

According to The Family's own statistics their core membership is certainly not that high. But if you meant to include Activated members (subscribers to the Activated magazines), then that would put the number well above 12,000.

Acheick

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 09:49 am
WalkerJ wrote:
max wrote:

According to The Family's own statistics their core membership is certainly not that high. But if you meant to include Activated members (subscribers to the Activated magazines), then that would put the number well above 12,000.

So, magazine subscriptions count as members? I guess "The Daily Bread" must have an awful lot of "members."

max 1

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 09:58 am
Why?
Please leave me and members of the family alone.
Why do you want to always attack us?
Please if you have any real issues then contact me by e-mail at [email protected]
God loves you all and so do I

Love Mark

[email protected]

Acheick

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 10:06 am
Re: Why?
max wrote:
Please if you have any real issues then contact me by e-mail at [email protected]

Love Mark

[email protected]

Oh, Max, oh Max. It's the hard questions, it's not attacking.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 12:13 pm
max wrote:

What do you mean by attacking?

Is documenting the atrocities that were committed against a little boy an attack?

Is it an attack when I say that I was sexually, physically and psychologically abused when I was a child in The Family and I want justice for that?

Mark, I used to be in the Family, too. I prayed against The Family's enemies. I defended The Family whenever I had the chance. I was a dedicated, true-blue Family member.

And then I slowly began to realize that I was misinformed--that I was enraged at The Family's supposed enemies without realizing what it was they were saying.

I thought they were against freedom of religion. I was wrong.
I thought they wanted to take us away from our families. I was wrong.
I thought they wanted to do us physical harm. I was wrong.

What they did want--and what I want now as well--is for amends to be made and justice to be served (the legal way).

After leaving the Family, I came to realize how many other Family children went through the same experiences I did. I came to realize how many of us have been hurt by the Family. I also witnessed first-hand how Family leaders are not interested in making amends with those of us they have hurt.

They prefer to call us liars and say we're possessed by blood-drenched demons. We, the children who pounded the pavements to raise the rent for our homes and sent 10% of everything we earned to Family leaders. We, the children who unquestioningly dedicated ourselves to their cause. And they call us liars because we no longer follow them.

Do you understand how much that hurts?

This is not about "attacking", Mark. This is not about "us vs. them". This is about setting things right and making amends. This is about the victims of undeniable abuse and their road to healing.

The Family's tag line is "Making a difference". Do you know how much of a difference it would make if they offered their own children a sincere and unconditional apology and did whatever they could to make amends?

Jack 2

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 11:45 am
I "always attack" you because you had it coming. God help me (and you) if I ever come face to face with the specific members of your cult who have physically hurt myself and my immediate siblings. Yeah that's a threat. Sue me.
max wrote:

Love Mark

[email protected]

God does not love me and I don't even like you.

max 1

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 12:10 pm
Jack
If you as you appear to be you are advocating violence to individuals then this will not solve anything.
You must pursue your allegations through a court of law in the Country which you allege that illegalities took place.
This and your forgiveness is your only hope of resloving your issues that are understanablly causing you great concern.
I do hope you are able to find inner peace.

Acheick

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 02:03 pm
max wrote:
Jack
If you as you appear to be you are advocating violence to individuals then this will not solve anything.
You must pursue your allegations through a court of law in the Country which you allege that illegalities took place.
This and your forgiveness is your only hope of resloving your issues that are understanablly causing you great concern.

Let's see now, you were the one saying to leave you and your family members alone. My suggestion is, it'd be better if you left Jack and his family alone. KWIM?????

max 1

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 03:06 pm
What can one say to ignorant people?

Acheick

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 05:01 pm
max wrote:
What can one say to ignorant people?

Gosh, I don't know, Max, so holy that you are. WWJD? Hmmm??? Maybe he'd take a moment to listen and find out what the anger is all about. So far, I have not seen that from you, though you've been given plenty of opportunity from some well-meaning sports, like WalkerJ, etc.

evanman

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 05:10 pm
I often come across people who use that old chestnut about things being in the past. When we point out to Hezbollah supporters on the streets of Manchester about how they follow thetheories of haj Amin al-Husseini the "Arab Furher", Hitler's biggest ally in the Middle East. They always remark--"Oh that's History"! When we show them the photographs of Hezbollah and Hamas troops giving the Fascist salute they call it "Propaganda"!

If something happens within a period of two decades it is contemporary history, not ancient history! When CoG/TF denounce the doctrines of Berg and Zerby, then come to us !

max 1

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 03:28 am
Acheick wrote:
max wrote:
Jack

Let's see now, you were the one saying to leave you and your family members alone. My suggestion is, it'd be better if you left Jack and his family alone. KWIM?????

I do not know Jack so your comment is somewhat foolish sensible comments only please.

Acheick

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 08:58 am
max wrote:
Acheick wrote:
max wrote:
Jack

I do not know Jack so your comment is somewhat foolish sensible comments only please.

Foolish? Sensible? It's all in perspective. Many of us love to be foolish because, you know, foolishness in TF was strictly forbidden. You will find a lot of foolishness here.

max 1

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 09:09 am
Yes I can see that foolishness is rampant

evanman

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 03:23 pm
There are none so blind as they who will not see!

Open your eyes Max!

max 1

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 03:34 pm
Sounds like something from Monty Python.
"I was blind and I can now see" and he promptly falls in a hole.
Give me a break

1. xFamily
  2. » Press
  3. » Just a Question
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 04:16:40