Rolling Stone Magazine Article On Exposing The Family

1. xFamily
  2. » Press
  3. » Rolling Stone Magazine Article On Exposing The Family

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:56 pm
Rolling Stone Magazine Article On Exposing The Family
I just found out about this in the latest edition of Rolling Stone magazine. I think it is great you guys are exposing the crueltys of what this evil cult has done for so many years and I support you.

Anonymous

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 10:24 pm
The same goes for me. I read the article today and saw the url for this site in the article.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 01:05 pm
If you're interested in the subject, check out some of the other ex-Family sites and forums such as http://www.movingon.org and http://www.rickyrodriguez.org (a memorial Website for Rick by his wife and friends).

Anonymous

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 01:04 pm
i, too, read the article. i was completely astonished at what i read. basically sounds like some pervert (berg) who wanted to justify his horrific actions by misinterpreting the Bible to support his actions, then getting a bunch of hippies to buying into his crap so he wouldn't feel bad for all of the perverted things he did.

i feel terrible for the people who were born into the Family, for they can't possibly know any better having never experienced normal life. I feel great for those of you that were able to see it for what it was and were able to get out.

i fully support your crusade against these sick mfers.

Acheick

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 04:16 pm
rolling stone article
wowee (I was one of those silly old hippies that joined) - this is great that this site is getting the traffic now after that article. BTW, I loved that article and wrote the journalist to tell him so.

You are exactly right when you say that Berg was a pervert who convinced a bunch of hippies to follow his law of love so he could practice his perversion in the guise of religion. And yes, it's amazing that the second gen were able to pull themselves away, often having to leave parents and siblings behind, and strike out on their own, apart from all that sick perversion. I give them all credit, every single one of them. They have been able to circumvent and jump some hurdles the average person could never begin to fathom, and do well on top of it. I continue to be amazed.

Sadly, there are those who are not doing that well and really need a serious hand up, such as Merry Berg. If enough people read this and want to get involved, setting up some sort of foundation to help these for the most part abused orphans, would be in order. I hope enough people sit up and listen.

johntbone

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 05:00 pm
Re: rolling stone article
Acheick wrote:
wowee (I was one of those silly old hippies that joined) - this is great that this site is getting the traffic now after that article. BTW, I loved that article and wrote the journalist to tell him so.

You are exactly right when you say that Berg was a pervert who convinced a bunch of hippies to follow his law of love so he could practice his perversion in the guise of religion. And yes, it's amazing that the second gen were able to pull themselves away, often having to leave parents and siblings behind, and strike out on their own, apart from all that sick perversion. I give them all credit, every single one of them. They have been able to circumvent and jump some hurdles the average person could never begin to fathom, and do well on top of it. I continue to be amazed.

Sadly, there are those who are not doing that well and really need a serious hand up, such as Merry Berg. If enough people read this and want to get involved, setting up some sort of foundation to help these for the most part abused orphans, would be in order. I hope enough people sit up and listen.

Not all second genrr's i have talked with a second gen member and she came off as kind of a labotimized drone like i brought up "Flirty Fishing" and she gave me this whole jive about "that was before i was born so I dont need to defend that" wich is partially true but to just wave that question aside is a littile fishy thean I brought up the "Loveing Jesus" doctrone and she said "where not the only church that teachs that" to this day I have not heard back from her on any sects that say the must have spritual sexual relations with Christ man this must be the end times.

Acheick

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 05:12 pm
you are right, John
they think because they have toned down on some of their sexual liberties that they should be considered normal. But then when you bring up their loving Jesus doctrine and talking to ghosts, they suddenly get tongue-tied.

Felicity 2

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 01:23 pm
It's amazing how the members of TF think that because they no longer engage in such perversions as "Flirty Fishing" or the sexual exploitation of children that they are a good organization now. If Berg was really God's prophet or whatever, why would his organization have committed such misguided actions in the first place? Did they ever read the Bible's description of prostitutes?! What about sins of the flesh? Instead of using the excuse "the devil made me do it" they seem to be using "God made me do it", which is even more twisted. I wonder why it hasn't occured to them that the devil may be using their organization to carry out harm onto others and lead them into evil. But saying "the devil made me do it" removes the blame from where it really belongs: on irresponsible, selfish, perverted adults.

Thorwald 1

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 04:42 pm
Felicity,

Thank you for your comments and observations. Although I respect your opinions, please be aware that not all of us here are Christians nor do we necessarily believe in God. Some do, some don't.

Felicity wrote:
I wonder why it hasn't occured to them that the devil may be using their organization to carry out harm onto others and lead them into evil.

I don't happen to believe in God or that the Devil exists, so for me there are other explanations. I don't even believe in the whole "good vs. evil" doctrine either. I do not believe this group is evil nor do I believe that "the devil may be using" them. I do, however, believe that the leadership of this group is severely misguided and that they do not hear from God (even if there was a God).

Anyway, just thought I'd point out another view.

Felicity 2

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 07:50 pm
Hi Thorwald and everyone. No, I certainly don't want to imply that I actually believe the devil is part of their organization, although that is how it might have sounded. I was being sarcastic, because that could be an excuse--to say "the devil made me do it", when that kind of thinking is dangerous, because it takes the responsiblity off the people that commit hurtful actions onto others. And it's strange how these type of religious organizations will point the finger at other people but never at themselves. I guess what I really meant to say is that it amazes me how they can still have so much faith in their organization, when so many things they did they now claim was "misguided" or wrong.

Monger 1

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 08:47 pm
Felicity wrote:
I guess what I really meant to say is that it amazes me how they can still have so much faith in their organization, when so many things they did they now claim was "misguided" or wrong.

Thing is, there are few things they actually privately accept were misguided. Child abuse, yes, but other things like Flirty Fishing are still very much considered pure and good. The Family makes no secret, publicly or privately, that if it were more expedient they would take up the practice again (though it would probably be very difficult to get second generation members to widely adopt the practice).

Annecdotal evidence suggests to me that many first generation Family adults continue to believe that, in theory, sexual interaction between adults and minors isn't necessarily such a bad thing when done "in love". However, there is no evidence that such practices are actually occurring at any higher than normal rate inside the group today.

Acheick

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 03:42 pm
misguided
you're right, Monger - they don't really say they were misguided. Actually, they say one thing to the public, what they think will get them off the hook and another thing to their own members. They tell the public that the sexual abuse of minors (any that they are willing or are forced to fess up to) happened because of overzealous hippies who didn't know how to follow Berg's teachings correctly. They put the blame on the members and thereby use them as a scape goat. Nevermind that the edicts were coming straight from Berg's mouth (as we have evidenced in his literally thousands of writings and of which they have tried to hide by redacting to burning increminating letters) and nevermind that the worst abuse was coming directly out of Berg's household with Maria egging him on and in complete compliance, as Ricky and Davida have made witness to. And nevermind that if one didn't obey these edicts from them or their henchmen leaders, you literally had your children or spouse taken from you and/or were put in retraining camps. and/or were sent to some out of touch field away from everyone and made to feel like a used up piece of crap on God's ash heap of useless vehicles.

They even lied and blamed Sara Davidito as having sole responsibility for the Davidito book, as if they were lily white while she was off her rocker. They are liers and they lie to their own people.

evanman

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 04:17 pm
Nothing was published without Berg's/Zerby's say so.

I remember when Berg came out with the "Literature revolution". He roundly denounced the publication of the "New Improved Truth" Magazine, and stated that from now on only what he agreed on would be published.

1. xFamily
  2. » Press
  3. » Rolling Stone Magazine Article On Exposing The Family
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 02:27:59