Australia

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Australia

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 10:00 am
Australia
Hi,

I'm from Melbourne, Australia; about 30 and grew up outside The Family, but close enough to inside that my parents brought me up on the same faith; True Komix, Music With Meaning and, of course, Mo Letters were all a part of my childhood; certainly witnessing was a part as well. I kind of assume that my parents were much closer in the early days, on reading xfamily I was already familiar with most of the DO letters. Probably as I grew up, my parents became less fanatical about all that, and likewise, I also drifted away (all this before I turned 18 - when I reverted to what most would call a normal, if not a touch dysfunctional, life). But I'd admit, on reading xfamily I have become fascinated with those years; and in particular, your stories.

I think that being brought up with a very definitive point of view of "right" way to live has had a profound effect on my life. Looking back, it's hard for me to make sense of it all because there was so much beauty in what was created, particularly, in the early music; but also, so much ugliness; some of which I am only now beginning to comprehend and interpret. I'd love to talk to anyone who has any perspective on any of this, or their own stories to discuss. Would love to share stories. I'm also kind of interested in the Reboot, and how it is affecting the current members. All comers welcome - [email protected] if you care to correspond!

A7B

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 07:22 pm
Hello there.
I was in the family from 1975mid 1980's, and then went back for about 7 months in 1989 and left very quickly.
My email address is: [email protected]

Faithful74

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2016 03:23 am
better than luna park, the family ride..... spent a good 2 decades in the fam, since i was a toddler up till they kicked me out ( i was bad...lol) well not so spiritual maybe.. mainly sydney and melbourn up to late 90's. so i am a second gen i suppose... well that was all my formative years and it has stuck. its not easy when dumped and left at 20.... but i am glad to have had some great experiences and a few bad... makes us unique.... now effen hurry up Jesus, you said you were comming back! still waiting for the apoccalypse

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Australia
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 05:24:14