2. » Connections
  3. » Help for those in need

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 01:23 am

Anonymous

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 10:23 am
Re: Help for those in need
Dear Normal Guy,

I am sure that many ex-members, like myself, would be happy to help anyone who has just left the Family. The problem is that many of us have limited resources. But perhaps we could begin by just having a discussion board (such as this one) to discuss particular problems, with advice and encouragement for people.

Anonymous

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:37 pm
Re: Help for those in need
There was something like this up until only a year ago.

Unfortunately the creator decided that if she couldn't handle the admin duties, then no one else could either. The website([url]movingon.org[/url]) was shut down with no warning, and absolutely no discussion about the obvious fact that it could have happily continued on without Jules. The whole support network, that many people were still using regularly, was completely and utterly abandoned(i.e. the website was offline for a week before she even bothered to post that aloof explanation). http://xchildrenofgod.xfamily.org/general/movingon-org-t6688.html

So if you were to setup a new forum, I think re-gaining peoples trust would be your main problem. Some sort of system guaranteeing the admin(s) cannot just have a bad day and decide to shut it down(because its mine and I own it!) would go a long way too. I know people will cite privacy concerns, but there must be a way to address them. Anything is better then having no support network at all.

Best of luck. There is definitely still a need for this, and if you can address these issues I think that people will participate.

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Help for those in need
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:59:43