seeking ex family members

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » seeking ex family members

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 06:46 pm
seeking ex family members
writing a dissertation about the family, and would like to ask questions about the family. would appreciate any information that you are willing to answer.

kmt 1

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 11:48 am
Re: seeking ex family members
What kind of information do you need? I was involve 71-78

Thorwald 1

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:53 pm
angelawinters wrote:
...would like to ask questions about the family...

It might help if you were a bit more specific on what kinds of questions you wish to ask. Are you seeking anyone who was ever in this group, or only those born-and-raised in it? How will you protect people's privacy? How will you be asking these questions (online forms, emails, etc.)?

Anonymous

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 10:08 pm
well, if you were born and raised in the family, i'd like to know how the normal day to day routines were. how parenting was different in the family as opposed to normal parenting. the activities that you did as a family, just general family things. if you joined the family, say as a teenager or adult, i'd like to know about what brought you to them, how they approached you, what made you want to join them. i'd like to know if things weren't what they appeared to be once you joined them. I'm not really looking to hurt anyone, I would just like to know more than what their website says, although some of it is quite disturbing. as far as privacy, we could do this through email, or on here, whatever you are comfortable with. if you don't want your name used, that's fine also. if you'd like to talk about this through email, my email is [email protected] feel free to email me anytime. my final paper if due next tuesday, and i have most of it wrote. I thought that this would be another side to it that i could add. any help that you could give me would be greatly appreciated. i have only been researching this for the last month, and i've read alot of posts from people who are really upset with the family, i've read some from people who miss them. i understand that alot of people are hurt, and those things never heal, but i guess that i'm looking for just some honest answers, from someone who was there, someone who experienced all of this. so please, email me or post me a message, i'd love to talk to you.

thanks so much
angie

Thorwald 1

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 11:15 pm
angelawinters1755 wrote:
if you were born and raised in the family, i'd like to know how the normal day to day routines were. how parenting was different in the family as opposed to normal parenting. the activities that you did as a family, just general family things.

Yes. I was born into and raised in this group. I left the group pretty much the day after I turned 18 (i.e., I could).

A "normal" day in the group very much depended which decade we are discussing, which part of the world, and which type of "home". Some areas of the world (e.g., Southeast Asia) were much worse (for us children and/or teens) than, say, Europe. If you were in a "poor" home, you survived very differently than if you were in a "WS" home.

In the late 70s, I lived in very small homes with mainly just my family and caretakers (I was a kid, so I don't remember too much). In the early 80s, there was a lot of "wine, women, and song". That is to say, lots of "get-togethers" where loads of sex was followed (or preceded) by lots of "fellowships" where we would all sit around singing lots of songs and reading Berg's rants. The late 80s turned into "Teen Combos" for me (basically a really big piece of property with lots of little huts on it). The sex, of course, continued and so did the songs and Berg-rants, as well as loads of endless chores. The very early 90s is when they really got into "Victor Programs" (at least, where I was). Fortunately, for me, I was never in one of those programs, but knew lots of kids who were. I left the group right out this time.

As far as how the "parenting" went: Well, I moved away from my parents (and into a big teen home) when I was 12, so it was basically non-existent after the age of 12. I really couldn't compare any of it to "normal parenting", as I never had anything "normal" (by general societal standards).

I hope that answers some of your questions.

zflash7

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:08 am
WOW, Thorwald, u were a serious 1st gen. member. Me I joined at 16 and left at 20 in 1978. Then joined in 1985 for another 4 years. Then 3 years or so as an associate '96 to "99.
I never had sex with one girl,I kept getting put on babe status then hit the road to roam from home to home, all I did was witness(sell:- lit/posters/tapes)
Guess I just didn't fit in. (I blame the bad drugs at 13, hahahahah... no.)
It just surprises me that some of the youth went the other way? with all that teaching? I could sit and quote 6 hrs No kidding of verses/chapters/letters.
Like I said I was a loner and spent all my time in the word.
The world is a Bazaar place... hahahaha..... I saw the family as sexy but me being aloft I cared not. It worked out good for me as I had some very successful business/homes/wives... between... joining and roaming, and some bad things as well.. HUMMMM

I wish you the best Thorwald. Amen

m 2

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:40 am
zflash7 wrote:
It just surprises me that some of the youth went the other way? with all that teaching? I could sit and quote 6 hrs No kidding of verses/chapters/letters.

Surprised that we were intelligent enough to see through the bullshit? Just because something was beat into us 24/7 doesn't mean we aren't able to think for ourselves and reject the "teachings". You can spew hours of bullshit, good for you.

Thorwald 1

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 07:30 pm
zflash7 wrote:
WOW, Thorwald, u were a serious 1st gen. member.

Um. Re-read my previous post: I am definitely _not_ an FGA (1st Generation Adult) nor did I ever join that group. I was born-and-raised into it and left the moment I became an adult.

zflash7

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 02:06 am
Hey I cant spew hours of it now.. Its just there? hahaha Whats wrong with the word?
Been 15 years or so since memorized.. The mind is an amazing thing Hey what?
Ohh thats rite I would be 1st,, maybe if I'd become one. ur a 2nd gen..YEA.
Ohh well, 1st, 2nd or 3rd.. its one bazaar Family...........I just can help but love there spirit.

Have a nice day hey what!

antoinettemarie

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 11:15 pm
@Thorwald 1,
Hi Thorwald,

My mother was born early 73 and ran away with the clothes on her back in 89. Now she is the happiest and BEST mum but understandably doesn't like to talk about her childhood a lot. I was hoping to get a bit more insight through other children raised in the same era, like yourself. She also was sent to Teen Combo's from 85-89. The few thing she's told me about her teen combo years really disturbed me and was wondering if all Teen Combo's were like this?
Do you have any means in which I could contact you a bit more privately?

Antoinette

antoinettemarie

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 11:17 pm
@Thorwald 1,
My email address is [email protected]

SGA and not proud

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 10:01 pm
@ antoinettemarie

as before mentioned ther is a difference in what country/continent she lived in. but basically and nonetheless there is a reason she doesn´t talk about it.
to protect you from the demons.
i was born in the cult, my sister in 1978....
my dad was born in 1943 in Nazi Germany. his parents also never told him about their ordeals. My boyfriend was born during the Berlin Wall and his parents also don´t talk about it.....
in my opinion it is best to let the demons rest. awakening them could mean consequences. it could help but if your mum is the best mother than you should let her keep her demons at rest..... my humble opinion....

calebrien

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2014 09:32 pm
@antoinettemarie,
antoinettemarie wrote:

Hi Thorwald,

My mother was born early 73 and ran away with the clothes on her back in 89. Now she is the happiest and BEST mum but understandably doesn't like to talk about her childhood a lot. I was hoping to get a bit more insight through other children raised in the same era, like yourself. She also was sent to Teen Combo's from 85-89. The few thing she's told me about her teen combo years really disturbed me and was wondering if all Teen Combo's were like this?
Do you have any means in which I could contact you a bit more privately?

Antoinette

Hi Antoniette,

My name is Caleb, I met your mother for the first time in 1986, in Madras (the name of that city has been renamed to Chennai), India. The last time I saw her was in 1989 when we both were living in the same big home (or "combo" as it was called, I think). If she'd like to contact me, my email ID is: [email protected] or [email protected]

Caleb

antoinettemarie

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 10:57 am
@SGA and not proud,
She was raised mainly in India. And that's interesting about where your father was born and all that jazz but I was inquiring about life within the family back in 1973 - 1989.

I don't know if you read my comment properly or if my maybe I wasn't clear. My mum has told me A LOT about her childhood within the children of god and exactly what she went through but as I said she "understandably doesn't like to talk about it a lot." I was hoping to get a bit more insight through other children raised in the same era and also other children sent to teen combos to see if they had similar experiences...
My mum hasn't not spoken of the "demons" to "protect me." (thats such family/religion talk). And i'm not going to "let the demons rest" as "awakening the could mean consequences."

She is very together and very comfortable talking about it, as I'm sure a lot of second generation members can understand, she has moved on with her life and doesn't identify herself with the family so simply doesn't like to talk about it a lot...she also has a PHD in psychology so I don't think by "awakening the demons" or (in not family/religious terms) talking to her about her childhood, means they'll be any "consequences"...she's the happiest, most well-balanced person I know.

Susiem

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 03:27 am
@Thorwald 1,
Hi Thorwald, I don't know if you remember me. I used to live in Macau with the Ho crew before the whole victor camp thing. I sketched a map from memory and sent it to you or peter I can't remember. I've since lost the map and need it now. Do you have any idea what I'm talking about? My email is [email protected] if any of it rings a bell. Thanks x

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » seeking ex family members
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:32:11