Old friend

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Old friend

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:53 am
Old friend
I would like to contact Glen James who was a CoG member in Daytona, Fl. in early 1972. I last saw him in Orlando, Fl. in 1974. Patrick Miller

xotis

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 04:56 pm
Re: Old friend
Patrick
What was Glen's Bible name? I was in Daytona at that time and may remember him. I've kept up with a few people.
Hal

snartist

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 05:27 am
Re: Old friend
Hi Hal, I don't know Glen's bible name. If I ever did then I have forgotten it. He was known as "Red" because of his hair color. I met him before he joined. We would occasionally talk about the bible, the prophets, etc. After he left them he stayed with my group of friends for awhile until he found a place to live. He gave me their address in Daytona and I went to see them, hoping to change my life (which was spinning out of control). After knocking on the door, the oldest man there questioned me and asked me if I had ever asked Jesus to come into my heart and save me. I said no. He said "would you like to?" I said "yes". I haven't been the same since. I ran away after a few days. I don't know why. I tried to go back, but could not bring myself to do it. I got into a lot of trouble (I was a drug user) immediately after and it was over a year before I tried to go back. When I made up my mind to go back even the house on Volusia Ave. was gone. I tried to find them in other cities, but never could. I stumbled across an article about them in the magazine "Christianity Today" and was shocked by what I read (I had always considered them to be the purest of the pure), but I felt a sense of relief that now I did not have to go back and I could get on with my life. To be perfectly frank though, I'm still tormented by my experiances. It's impossible to forget meeting Jesus. I know I'm still wicked, but I don't know how to change. Do you have any advice? How have you managed to survive all these years? Thank you for responding, I was beginning to wonder if the colony on Volusia Ave. was just a dream. I suppose it was doubt that drove me away. I was in a daze or a state of shock the entire time I was there. One of them told me that they were suspisious of me until I sang and danced with them. I've cried myself to sleep more than once wishing I were back there, but considering everything that's happened it may have been for the best. If I can ever help you, e-mail me. Patrick Miller
v

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Old friend
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:33:18