In and around Dallas now?

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » In and around Dallas now?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Tom 2

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 07:31 pm
In and around Dallas now?
I was never in TF, but I'd like to help. I just got a copy of Children of God: Lost and Found, and it's very well made. I can see why it was shown at Sundance. It looks like the film doesn't have a distributor yet, but I think it's important for former members to see the film, and I don't think anyone involved in making it would disagree. Anyone who was in and wants to come over and watch it can.

A little bit about me. I'm 28 and wrapping up a lot of school. I try to live a good life. I don't know if there's a big cookie at the end of the ride for me, but I've become more comfortable with not knowing. I was raised Christian, but I don't consider myself a Christian anymore. Even so, I do feel like I'm on a spiritual journey, and part of that journey has been helping people out. Many of my friends have been through some rough things, and so have I. What struck me most about the film was when he says you can never really leave TF. If you were in, it's always going to be a part of you, but there are bad ways and better ways to respond to that. I try to steer my friends toward the better ways to deal with their problems. Maybe I'll meet some new friends here, and maybe I can help someone who needs a hand.

Tom

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » In and around Dallas now?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 05:54:53