Noah Thomson

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Noah Thomson

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 07:10 am
Noah Thomson
Thank YOU Noah!! For opening up the worlds eyes to what it is that goes on in cults!

I doubt that Noah will ever get this but if anyone can get me in touch with him I would really appreciate it! I grew up in a cult that was very similar to The Family and I understand so much of the pain that you all go through....Always searching and trying to find answers. Feeling like you are emotionally f*@ked up for life, sometimes suicidal, other times forgiving. I am interested in talking about the similarities between cults, despite the differences of religion (mine was an Indian based cult, with Karma etc taught) Its almost like a criminal psychological profile.. ie.. a certain type of killer will do a, b and c.. there may be slight differences yet they still do the same things.
the weird thing is that I am usually so articulate, yet when it comes to trying to write what it is that you go through, yet with all of the memories and emotion that is attached to it, I find it hard to express myself.
I have spoken to so many other 'Ashram kids' (as we call ourselves) and I am always amazed by how many try to forget what happened. Or simply cant remember. Or dont want to. The ones who do remember are all kindred, we feel like we are brothers and sisters. Most people in our life time will never experience what we did and its that fact alone that makes us feel kindred.. When I saw Noahs pain from his mother at the end of the doco I just felt like giving him a big hug and saying, I know.. I know... You are not alone,although its a lonely path, you are not alone. People who dont even know you recognise your pain and understand it. So, once again, Thank You Noah. x

Arssle

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 11:19 am
What's the cults name?

Mary Jane Henry

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 05:52 pm
I'm guessing Hare Krishna???

Anonymous

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 04:29 am
It was actually called Satyananda Ashram. It was meant to be a cult with no sex allowed and yet the head of the Ashram was sexually abusing all of the girls. Seems to be a common thread!

Mary Jane Henry

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 04:54 am
Is that actually the same one? I mean do they wear saffron robes, hang around airports and worship "Krishna"???

Mary Jane Henry

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 04:55 am
Sorry - because I've read that there was a lot of trouble re: childrearing there as well!

Anonymous

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 10:10 pm
Re: Noah Thomson
Hey,
(Sorry about the late reply..)
Yes, the Satyananda Ashram and the Hare Krishnas are pretty similar but we never went to the streets or airports. Yep, there was child abuse there.. Amazing how power can go to peoples heads and abuse that power..
Tahlia

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Noah Thomson
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:34:07