The Family International in India

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » The Family International in India

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 05:20 pm
The Family International in India
I wrote a comment in "Documents" about an abuser in India. I also want to comment on what these exmember said about The Family in India.

They said that it seems that Family members in India are some of the most unloving. The Family homes are more concerned about getting as much as they can out of their "photo ops" that they can. Raising funds is the most important job. The homes can do a little so-called "consider the poor CTPs), take photos and then send the newsletters abroad to their contacts to get donations and supporters.
These "supporters" are either other Family homes or just contacts. One of the main conversations at fellowships is how much they raised... or how much support they now have.
Since India is a poor country, it's easy to raise funds for their homes. I say "homes" because the money goes to the Family homes... not so much for the poor and needy. The homes are quite nice and have a plentiful supply of food and other needs.

I heard that the local leadership there is quite scary and strict.

The Family of Love????.... naw... it's a sick family... in and out!

Monger 1

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 07:20 pm
I've heard very similar stories several times in the past from formerly sold out Family young people who left the group, disillusioned, after having moved to India in order to be on the mission field.

Indian Joe 1

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 07:26 am
A few years back, the teen-aged daughter of Family members we knew went from the US to India to be in the field. She returned rather quickly and without much explanation. The feeling I had was that she had a very bad experience there.

She left the cult not long after.

Anonymous

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 08:06 pm
Re: The Family International in India
Hey I was associated for a very long time with the Family in India, I broke all ties and finally got free from them. But, to my dismay I led my friends to them. I am literally friendless today but one of my brilliant and talented friends is wasting his life with these messed up people I really wanna discuss this with someone and need to get this friend out. I need help! Please contact me - [email protected]. Thanks, look forward to a response soon.

sneezingstardust

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 11:11 am
We had some people stay with us a few years back (before I left the family) who were from India. Only one of the guy's kids was his own, so he had abused every one of the other children he had guardianship over. The girls have been scarred for life, and the only reason the boys don't say anything about him beating them is because they don't want him to get upset. Apparently he's "repented", but a person like that doesn't change from one day to another - if you have abused in the past, it's always within you to do it again.

What I wonder is, how can people still be so blind, even with everything happening around them? And how can they stand by and defend these disgusting people when they're supposed to be "the family of love"?

It's sickening.

Anonymous

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 08:03 pm
I have lived in India. It is very common for male authority figures to use front organizations to pump up their reputations.

I have found the following people associated with The Family India after a brief internet search:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/itfmanpreetsingh

http://ylog.org/sujai/category/experience/

I am considering contacting each of these men to find out how much they really know about The Family.

If they know their association will ultimately damage their reputations, they would likely not continue.

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » The Family International in India
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 04:01:32