Looking for former Front Royal & WashingtonDC colony mem

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Looking for former Front Royal & WashingtonDC colony mem

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 04:46 pm
Looking for former Front Royal & WashingtonDC colony mem
Smile It's been well over 30 years but I wonder if there are any former COG people out there who remember me as "Sherah Sheepio." I remember faces & personalities but most of the names escape me. Here are a few I do remember:

Larry Lochran (he'd been struck by lightening and lived to tell the tale.)
Moab MovieMaker
Paul __?___ (he was an associate member and was in the Navy)
Jeremy __?__ (he was from Duluth, MN and had blonde hair)

Colonies I resided in during my time with COG (early 1970's) were: Front Royal, VA; Washington, DC; Schenechtady (sp?), NY; PawPaw, West Virginia. I'm just wondering if there are any of you out there and how you are now after all these years.

Anonymous

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 10:47 am
Jeremy
Jeremy ended up working in WS and w/ Zerby, and was known as Gabe. I don't know what name he's using now.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 11:23 am
Re: Jeremy
Miss Friendly wrote:
Jeremy ended up working in WS and w/ Zerby, and was known as Gabe. I don't know what name he's using now.

He's changed his name legally at least once. His given name is Terry Lee Martin. More info about him can be found at: http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Michael_Timothy_Brown

Anonymous

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 01:22 am
Hi. I remember your name. I joined in DC in the Spring of '73. Timothy Concerned was the shepherd. Lightening struck the DC house and caused a bit of a fire. We had an emergency evacuation, not for the fire, but because the fire department was coming and leadership was afraid they'd get busted for how many people were living in the house. Some of us were selected to permanently evacuate. We had to sneak up the back stairway, grab our stuff in the dark and silently split. I went to Front Royal and stayed for a few weeks. What a sweet place that was after the DC home. Four of us then hitch-hiked to Cincinatti. If my memory is correct it was Meshech, Sarah, and Isaac. Sarah used to take care of Keros and Raamah's boy. Isaac wore glasses and had blond hair that was an Afro before he joined the family. He was a very intense, sincere guy. I wish him well, wherever he is. Did you wear round-ish glasses and take care of children? I think you loaned me a shirt. Did you later go to south America?

AKA Sherah Sheepio

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 08:26 am
Front Royal & DC
I just spent 45 minutes typing a reply to you but when I clicked the "submit" button, I got a message that said "Hacking Attempt!" and it deleted everything I wrote!

I do believe I remember you. Did you go on a "litnessing" trip once to New Haven, CT with Jeremy, and me? It was getting late and we prayed for a place to spend the night and almost immediately met a hair stylist who said we could stay at his place. He gave you a nice haircut. But then he wanted more than gratitude in return so we had to leave. Was that you? Are you tall?

I remember Sarah from the Front Royal colony, and Meschak Mendigo, and Keros & Raahmah, and Larry Lochran (for the life of me I can't remember his COG name). At the DC colony, I remember brother Paul, the associate member from the Navy (he felt like a soul mate); Timothy and his wife (who rarely came out of her room) - she gave birth naturally while I was at the DC colony and she cried and screamed in agony all night long. My job there was to plan all the meals and make the most of the food we had "requisitioned." I had to take care of a child [a girl about 5 or 6 yrs. old] of a couple who was living there. I don't remember their names but I believe they had both converted from Judaism. The child was suffering terribly from being separated from her parents and was extremely insecure. I remember Isaac, also. You're right, he was very intense. He gave me a picture of himself and a young crippled boy he met in India. I'd love to know whatever happened to him. I imagine him working in the Peace Corps or rebuilding New Orleans Very Happy

Do you remember Moab Moviemaker? She got into a little bit of trouble with one of the other COG members, and they were "banished." Probably the best thing that could have happened to them. I hope they stayed together and made a nice life for themselves.

It's so nice to be able to talk to someone else who has gone through the same experiences. The time we spent in COG is still a part of our psyche, and will never completely go away even after all these years. I was not the one who went to South America. I left COG one day after realizing that Moses David had lost touch with reality and had drifted further and further away from Bible teachings. His Mo letters had gotten downright weird; I was especially disillusioned after the Comet Kahoutek fiasco. I went back to "Egypt" and finished high school (which I had dropped out of to join COG). I went on to get married & had a daughter [who is now 29 yrs. old].

I would love to hear more of your memories and how you are doing these days.

Peter Frouman

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 07:47 pm
Re: Front Royal & DC
AKA_Sherah_Sheepio wrote:
I just spent 45 minutes typing a reply to you but when I clicked the "submit" button, I got a message that said "Hacking Attempt!" and it deleted everything I wrote!

Sorry about that. It doesn't help you now but the next time you are commposing a long message, I reccomend first typing and saving it using an external text editor.

Die to the increased number of "spam" posts, we recently put in some more anti-spam measures. We switched to a new type of visual confirmation which attempts to determine if a poster is a human and not a spambot by displaying images and asking the user which ones are animals (currently all the animals are cats but this could change). This visual confirmation is required for new user registration, posts by "Guests" and posts by registered users who have less than 6 posts.

The "Hacking Attempt" message you saw is probably because you didn't enter the appropriate response for the visual confirmation test. We didn't write this error message and will probably change it to something more meaningful and appropriate soon.

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Looking for former Front Royal & WashingtonDC colony mem
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:57:06