Cali/Mx/??: My Dad Alan Larson (Keilah) & 12+ Kids

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Cali/Mx/??: My Dad Alan Larson (Keilah) & 12+ Kids

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 07:33 pm
Cali/Mx/??: My Dad Alan Larson (Keilah) & 12+ Kids
Alan Larson is my biological father but I have never met him. My mother was a near-member of TF; when she got pregnant by Alan in '80 in southern California, he sent her away to avoid having her pregnancy reflect badly to outsiders. She never looked back. Now I'm 24 and I have become a little interested in trying to connect with Alan but especially interested in trying to connect with his kids, who would all be my half brothers and half sisters.

The last my mother knew, Alan, or "Keilah" (that's not his Family name anymore), and his wife Shiza (she never gave her real name) had Ten children. The eldest, Isaac Larson, should be 32 now; the youngest that we know of would be about 21, but there could well be more. I only know a few of the kids' names: from eldest to youngest, Isaac, Chris, Delight, Andrew, Christina. A Family document I found mentioned Isaac, Cid, and Serena Larson being in Mexico in '97 and '98; I don't know who Cid and Serena are, maybe more of my siblings. I have found one person who had contact with Alan in the late 80's and said that he left Shiza and married someone younger and took all of the kids; he also changed his name from Keilah but I don't know what it is now. This person told me that in the 80's they spent most of their time in California, with a brief foray into Mexico. Probably Sonora, based on one of the two letters Alan ever sent to my Mother.

Some other random information I've got together. Isaac Larson posted to myconclusion.com in 01/05 saying that he had been all over the world and loved the family. So if you've been anywhere you might have met him. Also, when Alan sent my mom a letter in '87 he told her that Isaac had gone to the phillipines as a 'missionary'. The Larsons also visited Richard Horwitz in the early 80's with my mom, aka Gideon & Heidi, the parents of that ex-member kid that was stabbed to death. My mom is not clear but she thinks that the Larsons might have known the Horwitzes well and associated with them, so if anybody knew the Horwitz family perhaps they encountered the Larsons. Alan's older sister Ann, younger unnamed brother and parents possibly Marge & George, all lived in Minnesota in the 80's. There are a hell of a lot of Larsons in MN, though, and his parents would be in their 80's now. Alan probably went to Cal Tech. and was an engineer before joining the TF and changing his primary occupation to welfare fraud and literature sales, afaict. Alan himself should be something around 65 now.

I don't have any idea what to expect if I can make contact with any of the Larsons, but regardless of the outcome I want to try and fill in that funny gap in my identify, if you can call it that. If I'm fortunate, perhaps some of the kids left and it would then be quite a lot easier for me to have contact with them.

If anybody has _ANY_ information please let me know; even the smallest tidbits might help me find more dots to connect, or at least help me learn a little more about who they were.

Also, if anyone has had some experience trying to find members and ex-members and knows of some other avenues I could take aside from posting to this forum, I would really appreciate any advice. The Family is obviously an organization whose specific goal is to prevent people like me from doing what I'm trying to do.

Thanks

-Jared

evanman

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 07:38 am
I do know that the Salvation Army do have experience in tracing long lost relatives, that's if you get nowhere with ex-family contacts.

Jack 2

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 01:52 pm
Jared,

I lived with the Horwitz family several times throughout the world (starting in The Philippines) throughout my life. My older brother who shared Zion's handicap was very close with him and still has contact with some of the Horwitz'(es) (how do you pluralize a name like that?). You can PM me if you are interested in his contact information. The Salivating Army will probably not be of very much help in this instance.

Finding parents who were or still are in TF is not always that challenging but you should consider who you might end up finding. Fortunately, my sperm donor was a fish so I have no hopes of finding him.

Anonymous

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 07:14 pm
Jack wrote:

Finding parents who were or still are in TF is not always that challenging but you should consider who you might end up finding. Fortunately, my sperm donor was a fish so I have no hopes of finding him.

Yeah, I am not getting my hopes up about my father. I have a few more hopes and so I am a little more interested in making contact with my half brothers and sisters, although they have never heard of me. Perhaps some of them left when they were young. My father joined of his own volition and was not born into it, which makes it seem less likely to me that he ever left. Who knows how receptive any would still be to me if they have not left.

I feel very lucky that I wound up with my mother rather than with Alan; I feel bad for you and anybody else who wound up going the other way. I'm encouraged to see that you and so many other people have got out.

-Jared

Anonymous

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 12:35 am
Keilahs children
Jared,
I am a 49 yr old woman that lived in the same house as Keilah and Shizah around 78. I just want to tell you that the oldest to youngest went as follows Christopher Delight (at the time I think they were around 7 and 6, then Issac, Christina( was 2 I helped potty train her) after than I think were just the twins who were born prematurely and I believe one was named andrew don't recall the other one, I hope I didn't forget one inbetween I don't think I did. Delight was a very sweet wonderful little girl. Keila was a Gemini on the spacey side and well "different" Very blond and blue eyes. My husband and I helped them with their kids a lot as we didn't have kids and we really loved theirs and tried to get them to let us adopt one of the twins before we left to go to South America but they couldn't bear to part with one. I don't think I know your Mom we left in 79 I think. I just wanted to share that. I now specialize in helping people over their past traumas and stresses even generational stuff so I feel for you and will think of you and put you in mind. You sound like a wonderful person.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 01:47 am
Keilah and Shizah and kids
Jared, my contact with that family was similar to the one described by "guest" previously. My husband and I had no kids and lived with them for a while. Keilah was very difficult to get along with and had a drinking problem. Shizah was a good mom. Just for variety, here's the kids from youngest to oldest: The twins, Andrew and Andrea were about 7 months old when we first moved in (winter of '78) . Ben was about 2, then Christina, Isaac, Delight and Christopher. they were all nice kids. Shiza had 2 children previous to that family, and had more while still with Keilah (I think). One of them might have been named Rebecca. Delight is an unusual name, she might be easier to find.

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Cali/Mx/??: My Dad Alan Larson (Keilah) & 12+ Kids
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:23:02