Looking for X-Family members (anywhere/Thailand)

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Looking for X-Family members (anywhere/Thailand)

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 12:17 pm
Looking for X-Family members (anywhere/Thailand)
For an college English class and my sociology class, I'm writing a paper on cults, focusing primarily on the Children of God/Family International. I recently learned that a friend of mine, who we will call Joe for privacy's sake, was born into the Family International's Thailand sect, and only got out with his older brother when he moved to the States.

I am looking for any information I can get my hands on to support my thesis of (to put it bluntly), "religion is all well and good until you take it too far." Any accounts of life in the Family International, or specific information on how the practices in Thailand differed would be great.

Thank you.

Jack 2

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:01 pm
I'm an Ex-SGA from The Family. I lived throughout the world in the cult (spending 5 years in Thailand). I too left when I after moving to the US.

I'd be happy to answer any of your questions.

Anonymous

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 10:49 pm
Thailand
Hello,

I also lived through (and somehow survived) Thailand, for many years. I was one of the older ones.

I'd also be happy to talk to you.

Jack, I'd love to talk to you one of these days Smile

Jack 2

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 08:29 pm
Feel free to send an Private Message if you'd like.

Anonymous

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 05:29 am
i was one of the younger ones but i survived Thailand as well.

iratepirates

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 07:13 pm
I was in Thailand before I moved to the U.S

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Looking for X-Family members (anywhere/Thailand)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:25:23