Is Anyone Else Here In Australia?

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Is Anyone Else Here In Australia?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 05:07 am
Is Anyone Else Here In Australia?
Hi guys. The print media has been asking me if there are any other ex SG's (and not-in-denial FG's) here in Oz who wouldn't mind talking to them about their experience of TF - either anonymously or openly.

The few local ex SG's I know personally also want to connect with other SG's that are here in Oz. So if anyone in Oz reads this, don't be shy now, we'd love to connect with you, and to get your help with the media and other projects, if you have the time and inclination. You can email me at [email protected] - Thanks. Love, Eva.

Anonymous

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 11:28 pm
tamar
Hi Eva
Can you confirm if the girl in the 60min story who has a ‘message for dad’ with no top on is Tamar Snowman?

Eva St John

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 05:59 pm
Yes, it was definately Tamar Snowman. My (then) husband and I were the people who recruited her into TF in Christchurch, NZ, in 1976

Anonymous

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 08:59 pm
was anyone in Sydney in the late 70's?
I was COG in Sydney in the late 70's. My name was Sariai and later, Bithia. I was about 17 at the time.

I've always wondered what happend to everyone I knew and loved. Being part of the Family was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I think about all my former Family members so much. I have been horrified to hear of Davidito but not so surprised I guess.

Elah, Sunny and Bavai, Jude are you out there?

Lisa

Piram

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 01:42 am
Re: was anyone in Sydney in the late 70's?
lisa wrote:
Being part of the Family was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

Lisa

Then whatever made you leave? Question

Anonymous

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 10:50 pm
i was there
Hi
My name was Juniper and I was mated to Big Jesse. I knew Bavai and Sunny and Elah (who led me to the Family). I joined at Glebe colony.

Anonymous

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 08:36 pm
JUNIPER / JESSE
Hi Susie,

Fitzroy wildwind club, my name was Esaias.(Art)

I was very fond of both you and "Big Jesse"
I still sing a couple of the songs you wrote.

I would dearly love to contact either you, Jesse or Nick.

Hope you can reply,

Cheers
Steve

Anonymous

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 06:28 am
Re: was anyone in Sydney in the late 70's?
Gee it is a long time since you posted here.

I wonder whether you ever come back and check. I'd love to be in touch with you. Drop a not with an email where I can be in touch.

Hope the new year brings you all you hope for.

lisa wrote:
I was COG in Sydney in the late 70's. My name was Sariai and later, Bithia. I was about 17 at the time.

I've always wondered what happend to everyone I knew and loved. Being part of the Family was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I think about all my former Family members so much. I have been horrified to hear of Davidito but not so surprised I guess.

Elah, Sunny and Bavai, Jude are you out there?

Lisa
Very Happy

Anonymous

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 09:57 pm
you can contact me at [email protected]

Anonymous

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 07:04 am
1970-1980 Nsw
I am interested in hearing from anyone who was involved in TF during this time near Byron Bay, I was a young girl at the time and had a number of "brothers and sisters" that I remember fondly, but have lost contact with over the years.

Anonymous

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 11:03 pm
Sorry I should say anyone who wants to contact me (Juniper of Jesse and Juniper, Wild Wind Club Melbourne amoung other places) you can email me at [email protected]

Anonymous

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2007 10:29 am
David Mc Kay
Has anyone ever come across David Mc Kay the leader of the "so called" Jesus Christians in Australia. David claimed to be a member of the Children of God for only 3 months prior to starting the group. Anyone know what bible named he used or anything else about his time with the COG?

Chrisalam

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 10:53 pm
Seth? Gethsemane Moon-Garden? Miracle?
Seth? Gethsemane Moon-Garden? Miracle? These were Aussies in the COG in Pakistan in 1976.

Does anybody know how they are doing today?

-Chris Alam

Eye4eye

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 11:25 pm
seem 2 b a bit late
hey im from the queensland groups of the late 80s i was young but will not forget it any1 from the same area at that time ?

A7B

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 05:44 pm
@Eva St John,
Hello my name is Adela. I used to be Starlight in the family.
I am trying to find people who used to be in the group with
me. I used to sing at the Wild Wind Club in Fitzroy in 70's.

A7B

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 05:47 pm
I remember some of the names on here. Esaias, Jesse and Nick, Bavai. I f you know me I will leave my email on here.
[email protected]

A7B

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 05:49 pm
If the Jude that is mentioned on here is the one who was with Esther, I think I heard he died. Yes Elah the tall blonde guy I remember.

A7B

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 05:51 pm
Seth, Gethsemane. Bithia. these names I think I know. People changed their names a lot so I don't know if you are the same people.
My name was always Starlight, so if you know me, I'm her.

SandyE

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 11:02 pm
@Eva St John,
Post Preview
Hi Eve, how's things? Looks like it's been awhile since you wrote your message so you may not read this. But am just writing to say hi to anyone out there who may remember me. Hi folks! My name is Sandy (Sandra Ellis). I joined the COG in Brisbane, Windsor colony back in '76 when Abrahm and Maresha were there. Their son Zeph was 2 1/2 and baby Ezra was a newborn. Yes, it was a long time ago! I also lived in Paddington before going to Sydney, Parramatta and Glebe. I met my husband Ethan Sailor there (he arrived from the US with Levi and Cassandra in May '76) and we returned to Brisbane not long after we were married. Anybody out there remember this time period? My first year in the COG was the happiest. After that it was pretty much all downhill. Best thing about my time in the COG though is that I had 8 fantastic kids, who are all grown up now of course. Our exit from the group was pretty traumatic, but we managed to make it out as a family - which sadly, many others were unable to do. After being out of the COG, I helped another former member Graham (Daniel of Daniel and Rachel) find his wife and kids shortly after he left (1991). This led to a court case in Melbourne, and then the Dawn Raids in Victoria and NSW, and the DOCS court case in Sydney. Once we left the COG I was keen to put it all behind us and just look after my family and raise my kids, but that's not the way things happened, and I ended up speaking to police about my concerns about children in the group. One thing led to another, and the whole thing took on a life of its own.

Earlier this year I wrote a book about my time in the cult and how we managed to get out, and am working on another one about the court case in Melbourne and all that happened in the lead up to the Dawn Raids. If there's anyone out there who would be willing to contribute what they know and experienced while still in the cult as a consequence of the raids, please get in touch. My email is [email protected].

Or even if you'd just like to chat, feel free to contact me. Kind regards to all and sundry out there. Isn't it great to be free of the COG? Even though I've been out for 25 years now, some days I just dance for joy that we made our escape Smile and that my kids got the chance to grow up free from all the COG's endless rules and deceit and manipulation and drama.

I don't hate the cult or anyone in it. I don't hate David Berg or Karen Zerby or anyone else. And I wish all present and former members happiness and joy and health and contentment in their lives and families. I'm so very sad for all the people who've lost their lives as a consequence of Berg's teachings and their experiences in the COG. The enormity of that is much bigger than most people realise, especially for the 2nd generation. And I'm very sorry to all the people I hurt and was unkind to during my time in the group. I was too hard on kids and I was preoccupied with my own unhappiness so much of the time, that I couldn't see the suffering and pain of others. I'm sorry that I never protected and defended others more, especially children and most of all
I'm sorry I never fought harder against the injustices I saw going on around me.

It wasn't until I'd left the group that I really was able to start processing what was going on, what I'd seen and what I'd experienced. That was why I started talking to police and telling them what I knew. But anyway, that's it for now. Enjoy your day everybody, and all the best for you, your children and your future.

PeaceOut

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:47 pm
@Eva St John,
Yes, I'm not in Aussie land but some of my friends are. Mostly in Melbourne and Sydney. They moved there before the Family disbanded and have been there for several years. Also on facebook there are a lot of former members that repatriated there as they tried to get in touch with their parent's roots.

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Is Anyone Else Here In Australia?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/17/2024 at 07:27:55