Does anybody remember a guy named David Bolick,alias Job?

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Does anybody remember a guy named David Bolick,alias Job?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 03:24 am
Does anybody remember a guy named David Bolick,alias Job?
I think it was Colnel who said that he knew my brother David, who went by the name Job back in '73.
Was that at the ranch? He joined Laredo, Tx in 73 I believe.
Please contact me at [email protected].
Thanks. Jonathan

Anonymous

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 10:35 am
Now that thought about it, Davia(Job) and I hitched into a small collage town in Independance, Kanasas to meet his brother. We slept on the floor of a small dormroom. Was That you we went to see?

Day 1

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 11:29 am
David (Job)
After reading Cherub's postings and thinking back, I vaguely remember a new "disciple" who came with us for a little while on the bus team, when we left Laredo in '73 and headed north. I thought there was someone missing in my recollection of the people making up the original bus team, but I just couldn't place who it was. The bus team stopped in Columbia for a few days to witness and litness, and it seems that's the time frame Cherub is refering to. Wow, it's been ages.

Anonymous

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 12:34 pm
Day.
Yea, It's been ages, we left and he stayed. That's what shocking to hear. So can you imagin still being in? What the world said didn't bother us then, so how do you reach someone like that.

Day 1

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 01:12 pm
We had been drilled on all the "right" answers and had a wall built up that automatically rejected anything that questioned or threatened TF and its teachings.
Seeing through the smoke and mirrors, when you've been stripped of your own insights and identity, and with little outside information to compare it to, is difficult. It is such a treacherous tactic that TF has used far too long.
We were eventually able to see through TF's lies and deception, thankfully. It horrifies me to think about still being in TF, what a tragedy and waste that would have been.
In the end, people believe what they want to believe...like Tom Petty's song, Refugee. "Baby, everybody's had to fight to be free. You see, you don't have to live like a refugee."

Carlos 1

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 11:19 pm
To Cherub re: David, or Job
Cherub,

I am Jonathan's brother. I am the brother you and David stopped to see. It was at William Jewell College in Liberty, MO. You stayed in my dorm. Actually, as my brother left, I was seriously considering dropping out and joining the COG. Thank God, he showed me an alternative the next day.
How long did you stay in? What was the key in your leaving?

Anonymous

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 04:43 pm
Carlos.

I was on the road for so many years that it's hard to remember all the places and faces, its only a fleeing memory that I recollect that time. I was aided in my exit by couple of ex members who were into their own thing. I was constantly repressed and told to stop questioning everthing TF did by leadership. They are very controlling reprimanding to anything that did not fit in their view of things. Thus I fell into another trap with another group . As time worn on, I wanted to return to the system and tried to find a job, however, I couldn't fit in so I joined the army and have them teach me to stand on my own. Seems I've repeated the same pattern again.

David was one of the scores of people who joined and for the life of me I can't tell you what to do to get him out except to actually kidnapped him as TF are a very tight group and elusive.

Acheick

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 05:14 pm
Carlos -

Try and show your brother how much you care about him. Get him involved in different things and show him that life outside of TF bubble is possible. Imagine he has been out to sea for 30 years and it will take some time and effort to help him get back on his land legs. The rest is up to him. He alone has to make the decision to leave, you can't make it for him. Good luck and please keep us posted. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Anonymous

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 11:53 am
David Bolick
I did a search for David Bolick and came upon your
inquiry on the xFamily site. David and I were sweethearts for a while at
Baylor. I graduated before he did and we didn't stay in touch. I have thought of David so much over the years and have wondered where
he is, what he's doing, how he's doing.
Do you know anything of his whereabouts? There's a
David Bolick mentioned on a website called The Radiant
Vista that came up in my search. I wonder if that's
him?
Cheryl Taylor

Carlos 1

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 10:06 pm
David B.
Cheryl,

Yes, he's the one. Jonathan and I are David's brothers. I remember him talking about you. He had two roommates, Jimmy S. and a guy named Bradley, right?

David has been in the Family now for almost 33 years. He followed another friend there at Baylor into the Children of God, named Joel Adams.

Spend some time on the main page to understand what the Family believes and practices. Can anyone explain to me how anyone with a liberal arts education can throw it away to accept and defent David Berg and Maria's nonsense and evil? It has been a neverending grief for our family.

David lived in S. America most of this time. Now he won't tell us where he is. I imagine he must be with World Services in Hungary or Dallas or who knows. Maybe he believed we were going to kidnap him, since one of these posts mentioned that. Never underestimate paranoia and self-righteousness.

Maybe you have some insight into why he joined the COG.

Carlos (just my username here)

Anonymous

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2007 02:24 pm
Carlos, Jonathan,

I am saddened to hear that David is not in contact with his family. I cared for him very deeply, though at the time we were all footloose and fancy free, and as I said before, went our different ways.

Many years ago - probably 1983, I'd guess - I received a letter from out of the blue from David. He was in Puerto Rico and I understood he was doing mission work, but as I recall, I don't think I was aware it was with COG. I was hesitant to reply, thinking we were so far apart in our lives that there was no sense stirring things up. So, for better or worse, I never replied. In fact, I can't recall how, if he said, David was able to track me down -- as I had moved many times since graduating.

I always had the feeling that his family was important to David. I remember the family went to North (or South) Carolina and spent the summer with his grandmother. He wrote wonderful, descriptive letters to me from there. I regret having thrown those letters away.

I have no knowledge of why David joined COG. I remember Joel went off to Dallas, I think, for a short while and returned, saying he has joined the COG. I don't recall whether David was supportive of Joel or not -- it's so long ago and a bit fuzzy, but I believe that was when David and Joel were roommates in an upstairs apartment. Is Joel still a member of The Family?

There was a David Bolick listed in the Baylor directory several years ago as living in Kerrville. Then when the next directory came out, a David Bolick was listed as living in Georgetown. I asked a woman in the database department at Baylor to please search for David Bolick and she said the last known address was Georgetown, but that wasn't an active address. I assumed this was "our" David, and living in Kerrville and Georgetown and being in the Baylor directory he was a family man and it would be best not to try to contact him.

Certainly, your message that David is estranged from his family makes my heart ache.

Please keep me informed if you learn of David's whereabouts. I will pray for him and for your family that you will be reunited.

Sincerely - Cheryl

Carlos 1

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 10:08 pm
re: David B.
Cheryl,

I didn't mean to give the impression that David is not in contact with us. In all these 30+ years, he has always kept up correspondence and phone calls with our parents, and us also. We have had extended visits in the US and S.A. , and I even lived in the same country as he did until recently.

He never lived in Kerrville or Georgetown. Those were simply family addresses for receiving mail such as the Baylor stuff.

To the best of my knowledge, Joel is still in the Family. I remember David telling me several years ago about some "novels" Joel "wrote" or channeled. The Family believes famous dead authors communicate with them and dictate new novels. Joel supposedly was writing a "novel" with John Steinbeck.

Only in the last two years has David, with his wife, gone underground, as it were. He says it is for security reasons, as he deals with information about members and insider information, I guess, and they fear being exposed.

We do not know where he is, only having a writemehere.com e-mail address. I suppose that, in God's providence, there must be some reason why he has been on your mind so much lately. Part of me hopes that maybe you might have something to say that would speak to his condition and somehow move him to reconsider his devotion to the Family's beliefs and practices.

On the other hand, communication with him might just leave you feeling regretful.

If you are a praying person, please pray for him and his wife, and children (who are not in the Family). If our parents really knew the content of the Family's literature over the years, as displayed on this website's archives, it would kill them.

Grace and peace,
Carlos

Anonymous

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 09:44 pm
Carlos, Jonathan,
I am relieved to hear that David has been in contact with his family all this time, at least until the last couple of years.
I have done some reading on this website about the Family, and yes, it is very disturbing.
On the official Family website, though, all sounds rosy, with members working alongside relief agencies, helping in times of crisis, assisting families in need. Two different stories.
Why David was drawn to join the original group, the COG, I don't know. I would think that after a few years it would be something that a young person might "grow out of" but perhaps it is just the opposite.
How could David have children who are not in the Family? Wouldn't the children be able to encourage their mom and dad to consider a different lifestyle?
Perhaps David reads this website and will know that we care for him and his welfare. I hope so.
Does he think we are not Christians and that we do not love the Lord? Surely he knows we are all God's children?
I will continue to pray for David and his family that he will find it in his heart to come home.
Cheryl

Anonymous

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:24 am
Re: Does anybody remember a guy named David Bolick,alias Job?
Any news on David? Is he well? it's been over 2 years since we last made contact - i don't know if you even check these pages. i am now living in Brownsville, TX, working at UT Brownsville. if you have any word, please let me know. i still think of David and hope and pray he and his family are well - Cheryl

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Does anybody remember a guy named David Bolick,alias Job?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:06:19