Looking for David Z, Michelamia

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Looking for David Z, Michelamia

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 03:50 pm
Left the Family (after 5 wasted years) in 1977. Thankful for the original witness and actually *joining* was our idea, but still bitter! Husband was called Jacob and we had 4 children in those days: Jason, David, Amy & Ben. We had 2 more after leaving! It took us years to get our heads straightened out (somewhat). We were in so many locations: Cincinnatti, Peachland BC, Paris, Dusseldorf, Toronto and London, Ont. were the main ones. Anyone out there we knew????? If so, I hope to hear from you!

Anonymous

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 02:49 pm
Do I know you?
Hi Mary Jane,
My name Suzanne (aka Meshelemiah of Joram) I noticed Peachland, BC and Paris on your CQ and had to wonder if I know you from these places. I joined in '71 and was in Peachland sometime that year of early '72 when Absalom and Zealous lead the colony.
We were in Paris is '74 during the "Les Enfants de Dieu" fame where we basically helped with some of the colony running although with all those primadonnas in the band and the Royal family involved, who paid any attention to us. We then went to Marseilles, southern Italy and Greece...
We left in late '76, but were in contact with the Cog at a distance till 82. Since then, it's the first we've tried to find people we might have known. It seems like we are compelled to do this to promote some healiing and sort things out a little.
Please e-mail us if you remember us
Suzanne
e-mail [email protected]

Anonymous

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 04:29 pm
We were in Paris at that time as well! (In fact the first time I ever saw a Montessori School was at the chateau in Paris - I saw small children sitting outside in the sunshine *sewing* and I was trying to homeschool my 4 with "worksheets"! I went on to become a Montessori teacher.) I was originally witnessed to in a coffee house in Toronto in 1971 by someone by the name of Michelemiah who was the (real life) sister of David Z. Would that be you? If so, I want to thank you! The person who witnessed to me had blood poisoning at the time and I've often wondered what became of her! When she asked me to pray I said that I couldn't because I didn't believe, and she didn't miss a beat but said "Oh, that's alright you'll believe *after* you pray and that's how I came to know the Lord - thank God!!!!!

Anonymous

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 04:30 pm
Sorry - I guess I forgot to sign in - the "guest" is me - Mary Jane!

Jclearhead

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 04:50 pm
Are you looking for the Davis Z that joined very young and was at TSC. Actually let me ask in this way: Follow this link:
http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Image:Early_COG_Days-002.jpg
The guy with the guitar was known as David Z, and he had a sister in the family. I knew them both in Italy. If this is the one, I might ebentually be able to tell you something, because his wife and my wife were best friends, growing up together in the same small town in Florida, then thay joined the COG togther. He and his wife left a little after we did, and we hung out togther for a couple of years, before I moved awa. I've had very little contact with people in Florida, but I could try to reconnect and find out. I know his "real" name if he is the one, but I don't think it would be right to put it here without his permission.

Day 1

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 07:29 am
Meshelemiah: I just had to laugh out loud (and again several more times during the day) when I read your description of the Paris colony in '74, "... all those primadonas in the band and the Royal family..." A good laugh is always welcome. Of course, had I been in their shoes, I'd probably have done the same, and that would have been really hilarious.

Anonymous

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 03:44 pm
Hey girlfriend,
Sure glad I made you laugh a little with my description of Paris. Glad to know you're still alive and kicking! Like the song goes"So glad we made it".
I'm not the Meshelemiah you're looking for, but I hope we can still be friends. What did you do in Paris? Who was your husband? Did you tell me your bible name? Getting old, I guess, it's hard to retain any information for more than a couple of seconds if you know what I mean.
I must say though that the early to mid-and even late 70's in TF there was still a sembleance of normalcy, however thin than veneer was. After our second child was born in Oct. of '74, we left for Marseilles to go pioneer the south of France which was kind of nice since we had a small team with us and were away from the Paris Blob. We could at least get our there and witness and have some freedom to make our own decisions.
There are some good memories and that's why we find ourselves wanted to reconnect with others after almost 25 years of having no contact. For some reason, at this time in our lives, it seems that God's Spirit is leading into this.
Thanks for your reply. I'm happy for the contact with a kindred spirit.
Stay well and God bless,
Suzanne
You can e-mail me at [email protected] - I would enjoy it!

Anonymous

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 04:48 pm
Jclearhead - YES! What a great photo! That's the guy! I always admired him a lot! His sister is the person who led me to the lord early in 1972 at the Light Club in Toronto (February or March). I'm so glad he left the family! Don't worry about the re-connection. He probably wouldn't remember me but as I say I'm glad he's alright!!! Thanks for the response! All the very best!

Mary Jane Henry

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 04:39 pm
Jclearhead,
If you do manage to reach David Z (whose terrific picture graces my desktop now, thanks to you!) please tell him Rachel from Peachland and Paris says "Hello"! Tell him that when I arrived in Peachland with husband and 2 sons (one with a below-the-knee prosthesis) he carried our oldest son into the house on his shoulders, I think, and was always so kind and thoughtful! That son is now a street missionary for Teen Challenge in London, England! My husband's brother Michael who joined us in Peachland is still in the Family in Japan. He's an artist and married a Japanese woman there and they have 7 children. [I was never in Greece but I've had many people in the Family treat me the same way you mentioned elsewhere! That's just the way it was.] Mad
Very best,
MJ

Anonymous

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 05:28 pm
Are you the sister of the famous Michael Christian?

Mary Jane Henry

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 04:12 am
Yes - well, sister-in-law. Is he famous? I had no idea! For his wonderful art?

Jack 2

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 12:08 pm
Michael Christian (or William M. Henry) doesn't deserve to be famous. He is by way of his actions responsible for ruining my family's life and causing my brother to be deaf. As a 'proud member of The Family International' cult he should be treated like a harbourer and supporter of child abuse and generic perversion. Furthermore, his "art" is sub-par and far from wonderful.

Mary Jane Henry

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 04:38 pm
Dear Jack,
I'm so sorry to hear about your family! I haven't actually seen my brother-in-law for almost 30 years. I left the "family" in 1974 - he didn't! I've tried to correspond with him a few times and my oldest son actually went out to Japan to try to see if he could reach him in person. He stayed with him for about a month, but made no headway. So I agree with you about the perversion and child abuse and I've tried to tell him these things from the scriptures. As for his work, it really was wonderful at one time before it turned into a commercial for the cult. So my sincere apology for opening old wounds! I don't know how he can still be a part of that evil organization!

Jack 2

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 05:08 pm
Uh, yeah. Sorry about the hostility there. There's all kinds of back-story connected to that guy's name that triggered a boatload of emotions. It's not easy unfücking your life. Sometimes (especially in the mornings) I just have to vent.

Anonymous

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 03:23 pm
Hi to Old friends
Wow, David Z, and all -- brings back some fond memories, at least some. Joined on the first road trip to Austin, I guess making it officially, TSC in 1970. I luckily left in '77 after being 'ran out' since I would't share my wife and believed in real witnessing.

I see a few I remembered, Suzanne, I think we met down in Houston. I then went to 'Never, Never Land' to set up Ham radio communications in the COG for the next 5 years. Its a wonder I found a wife with me in hiding so much. (divorced now but with 3 beautiful children) I did enjoy the many road trips but spent way too much time in the leadership Com circle. Well, let's see who remembers me??? Lucius from TSC

Lasha

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:14 pm
Re: Looking for David Z, Michelamia
I knew David Z too, I took care of his firstborn, I would love to talk to him too? Lasha (Rhonda) [email protected]

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Looking for David Z, Michelamia
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 01:06:56