Chiquitas Coquetas

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Chiquitas Coquetas

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 08:46 am
Chiquitas Coquetas
Hi all,

My name is Cindy. I was in a singing group called Chiquitas Coquetas in Chile in 1982. I would love to talk to anyone who was in it with me...

WalkerJ 1

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 11:21 am
I think my dad (Micha, German) may still have a video of you all singing on the streets of Chile in green over-alls.

I'm not sure I can get a copy of it for you, but I'll certainly try.

mcknazzy

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 09:49 am
Yep, that was us! Thanks, friend Smile

Cindy

Anonymous

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 02:09 pm
Re: Chiquitas Coquetas
[ el quote="mcknazzy"]Hi todo, mi nombre es Cindy. Estaba en un grupo cantante llamado Chiquitas Coquetas en Chile en 1982. Amaría hablar con cualquier persona que era en él con mí... [/quote ]

Cindy
Me acuerdo de voz, yo vivi en el hogar de Carlos y Rosie y Francie cantaba con voz. Tengo una foto del grupo.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 08:09 pm
What a sick name for a little girls' singing group.
I was never in your singing group or even in Ven. But I was bothered by that name, Little Flirty Girls, even while a little girl myself. I couldn't articulate WHY, because I was a child and because, well, because I was in a sex cult where my friends and I thought molestation was as normal as playtime or baths.

As an aside, to those of you who joined as adults between 1968-1992, while you look to get back in touch with your fellow Nazi soldiers, I would like you to pause for a moment to consider one thing: to me, you are not innocents. You to be a part of the problem. You are my abusers, whether I met you or not. I am constantly surprised, when coming on sites like this one frequented by "first generation adults" that you do not use every sentence in your post to repeatedly appologize to us, your children, your peers' children, for the misuse we suffered in your hands. It is all, "I joined in '71 in Bromley" and "My name was Mary of Simon. Who else was in Puerto Rico in the '80s?"

I wish I could espress how deeply angered I am by your priorities. I wish I could just remind myself that there must have been something seriously disturbed in your psyches to join this cult in the first place and I should not expect normal empathy from you.

Why hasn't someone posted next to Cindy's post, "OMG, I named your child's singing group and I was a twisted, f**ked up individual"? I read a post awhile back from someone whose husband had sex with a 12 year old girl named Miracle. The response was more, "Oh yes, I knew you back then, my name was so-and-so," and less, "Holy Crap! That poor little girl. We were a bunch of demended child abusers."

Perhaps you think flogging yourselves on this site has no purpose. Perhaps you are right.

But I cannot help but notice the resounding lack of apology coming from my parents' generation. If as an adult, I sexually abused a child, or knew it was happening around me, and I did nothing to stop it, I would like to think I would have life-lasting shame and guilt. I would like to think that when I addressed those children later in life, I would mention the above mentioned shame right away. Even if I was cohersed, even if I only read about abuse and never inflicted it personally, I would always hold that shame that I stood by and allowed it to happen.

Why do we not see more of that from you, our parents and caretakers? This is not a hypothetical question, I would sincerely like an answer. Or five. Or ten.

evanman

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 05:52 pm
I apologise profoundly!

In the early years of CoG the cult's message did not promote the kind of sexual practices that were later installed from the mid seventies on. In fact sleeping around was a cause for discipline.

The males were kept separate from the females.

The instigation of institutionalised Paedophilia came in in the late 70's. Many people left CoG when litnessing was first introduced, then again when FF'ing was brought in.

Do not paint all people who joined from '68 with the same brush.

Piram

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 05:41 am
evanman wrote:
I apologise profoundly!

In the early years of CoG the cult's message did not promote the kind of sexual practices that were later installed from the mid seventies on. In fact sleeping around was a cause for discipline.

The males were kept separate from the females.

The instigation of institutionalised Paedophilia came in in the late 70's. Many people left CoG when litnessing was first introduced, then again when FF'ing was brought in.

Do not paint all people who joined from '68 with the same brush.

My sentiments exactly, evanman. My wife and I left shortly after FFing started; we were not involved in the sleeping around business and we started to have our suspicions about other practices. It took us weeks to decide, but the period from the time we decided to leave till the moment we left was about 3 days. That was early 1977.

Day 1

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:14 am
I, too, agree with evanman's comments. Additionally, many former 1st generation adults have worked tirelessly to expose the crimes perpetrated within the cult by either alerting the authorities, contacting the media or word of mouth.

The abuses suffered by so many is an ugly and heartbreaking reality. You (Carpe) have might greatest sympathy.

Acheick

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 12:52 pm
An apology to Carpe
Day wrote:
I, too, agree with evanman's comments. Additionally, many former 1st generation adults have worked tirelessly to expose the crimes perpetrated within the cult by either alerting the authorities, contacting the media or word of mouth.

The abuses suffered by so many is an ugly and heartbreaking reality. You (Carpe) have might greatest sympathy.

I agree, Day. and I apologize to Carpe also. I have apologized many times and will continue to apologize to anyone and all born into that group. You're right, Day. some sites sprang up out of a sort of penance to make right the thing that was done wrong by exposing TF for what it is and giving the SG a chance to find their abusers and/or vent. It is there, just sometimes we have to be reminded again.

annac

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 11:38 am
Hey Cindy,
You posted your question so long ago I have no idea if you even want to know any more.But I just found this site yesterday and yes me and my 2 sisters were in "Las Chiquitas Coqetas" with you.
There was the tallest I think her name was "Heaven" and then you I think and then my sister "K"and then someone else and then me "A" and then my tiny sister "A". When we would all hold hands and run in our song choreography I'd half to grasp her hand so tight cause she'd usually go flying.

I don't remember much cause I was like 7 but I do remember you were always getting beat by your dad or stepdad for everything and I remember they made us practice constantly like we were the friggin Rockets or something. We were between the ages of 5 and 10 and were expected to sing and perform and God know what else for the income for the whole home.
This continued on for my entire life with them till I left when I was barely 18. I never under stood how adults could think by being the guitar accompaniment to a bunch of kids who should be in school not out trying to make rent, constituted getting a job.
The one good thing about this it taught me to sing. Ha! alot of good that's ganna do me. I think I would have rather had the education!

So when I got out and everyone else my age was ready with what they wanted out of life and what they were going to study in college I was just feeling like I was starting over in Kindergarten.
Anyway I could go on but then I'd get all pissed off again and I don't want to be that way anymore...
Nice to hear from you Cindy,
Ana

Anonymous

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 09:01 am
Hi Cindy, just found this post now, I would love to get in touch with you too! Have many happy memories! Hope this gets to you, you can contact me at: [email protected]

mcknazzy

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 06:01 pm
@annac,
Hi Ana! I hope you get this and get back to me, I just now saw your reply, I remember you and Katrina! Please email me: [email protected]. Can't wait to hear from you!

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Chiquitas Coquetas
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.41 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:32:35