The New Improved Truth

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » The New Improved Truth

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 09:49 pm
The New Improved Truth
When I left the COG some years ago, It was quite easy for me to walk away even though TFI/COG had been a part of my life for 25 years. Now some years on I've spent a bit of time looking back and reading comments, excuses, explanations, rants and some very heart touching cries for help and recompense. What has also saddened me is how much Zerby has gotten away with. Simply by saying we've changed now and and outlawed 'excesses' gives very little comfort to those who had had to build a life starting from a few steps behind most people. And that my friend is putting it mildly. I realize too that I'm a Johnny come lately here as there are few posts now and I'm assuming that most people have moving on--glad to hear. What should be said is this.
Berg's teachings were, in his own words, were God's Word. Both he and Zerby extolled him as God's end-time prophet. Not only that but he also had the title of King as well thus able to become involved in the day-to-day working of 'running the Kingdom'. Hence the name David from the OT. What he said was expected to be taken as holy writ, and even above the New testament as Berg''s teaching were the New Wine for today--the last generation. It was upon this that the COG/TFI was founded. Their own 'Revolutionary Rules' says 1/. Jesus is the Son of God. 2/. Berg is his end-time prophet (a close second). These such profound statements are either true or false. When speaking on this level, one can only assume that there are No Neutrals. What we have now witnessed are Zerby's backtracking, denial and Invalidation of Berg's teachings. Had this happened to anyone prior to recent events would have resulted in excommunication for being a doubter/backslider. Now with a deft stroke of a pen, nearly all the teachings and doctrines are now not holy writ. If then the COG was built on these teachings and one day they become inconvenient, one can only question the original validity of them. Therefor the only conclusion is that the original teachings are false, the prophet is false and therefore the right to speak as such is unjustified. If you are a witness in a court of law and you are found a liar then your whole testimony is thrown out. (notice the words witness and testimony have great significance to a Christian). Anyone with the slightest understanding of Jurisprudence can conclude and demonstrate that Zerby's claim to Religious authority is based on leading the COG/TFI as the Queen of the Family Kingdom. By her own admission these pillars of family doctrine had to be done away with. Take away the pillars and what do you have left? A building unfit for habitation and should be condemned. The only argument the family has is well this is the new wine for today. God moves, he is a moving God, we now have a new set of rules, a new charter, a new leader for a new day. How convenient. So the only thing you can be sure of is what you are told one day as God's in Incontrovertible truth is now the old wine and not relevant to today. At a minimum, you have to be as isolated to the real world, the thinking world, to accept this as the average North Korean is to thinking he is in a democracy.

Well a toast to all those who moved on and didn't take the 'Word' and wrapped it up in a little bundle of faith. Instead they saw that the emperor had no clothes on and they didn't fancy being molested by him even though he told them he was the king. Now as Zerby and followers move closer to the Christian world, really how big a carpet do you need? And you think that huge smoldering, stinking pile underneath it you drag with you will go unnoticed? It is disappointing that Zerby can walk down the street without the thought of legal action to have to contend with. However, perhaps she has other things on her mind. I'm thankful I'm not in her shoes.

BlackELk

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 08:24 am
Re: The New Improved Truth
Nice post. I had a couple of thoughts while reading it:

I've often been struck by how many 2nd generation people born in the 1970s have become lawyers. If you were to compare a cohort of people graduating from a high school over a period of 4-6 years in the early 1990s, the proportion of those who went on to study law might not be as large.

Zerby may not worry about a lawsuit at this point in her life, but as Yogi Berra said about the great game of baseball, "It ain't over 'til it's over." Lawsuits aren't the only thing Zerboid has to worry about. Ricky's ghost still roams the land. There is a curse on Karen Zerby and her house which will play itself out over time. Whether you believe in the supernatural or limit your notions of cause and effect to empirical probability, there is truth to the saying "you reap what you sow."

None of us may live to see Zerby pay a personal price for her crimes against humanity. Then again, some of us might. Remember the Battle of Little Big Horn. Sometimes, against all odds, even the most powerful oppressors get their asses kicked.

byebyebird

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 06:19 am
Re: The New Improved Truth
Hi BE,

Thanks for your thoughts. I realize now after reading your post that actually there is hardly more higher price one can pay. To lose a child is incomprehensibly devastating ( I'm FGA actually Embarrassed ) I thought Zerby had taken things all too casually and had just carried on the 'good fight', but perhaps this had made her realize that COG and infini, were just not worth it. I haven't time to read the Reboot but it does appear to be COG's swan song. if so No celebration but a sigh of relief

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » The New Improved Truth
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:56:42