New Facebook group - "Ricky Rodriguez- A life remembered"

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » New Facebook group - "Ricky Rodriguez- A life remembered"

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 05:29 pm
New Facebook group - "Ricky Rodriguez- A life remembered"
Hi everyone, my names joel - I just wanted to let you guys know of a group on facebook I've set up called "Ricky Rodriguez- A life remembered". I can only really tell you that since discovering Rickys story (through 'Cult Killer') its had a real impact on me. Though my own (very odd) life story is very different, I found so much in what Ricky said and how he felt I empathized with. I guess you guys have every right to say that I dont really have the right to highlight Rickys life, and you may be right, but I feel my intentions are probably at least as well meaning as the many sensationalistic pieces on the Family and Ricky.
Anyway I'm determined not to let the group stagnate and would sincerely appreciate any of you guys input,,, as I say although I can empathize with how Ricky felt I was never part of the Family as many of you were,,,,sorry I'm starting to ramble,,so anyway the groups description is

"Description:
A look at the life of Ricky Rodriguez. The group is in no way affiliated with any 'Family' or 'ex-Family' members and tries to remain as impartial as possible, though of course we welcome any views from such religious groups, the main aim is to remember a remarkable mans life, rather than the tragic circumstances surrounding his death.
Personally I find it very hard to judge such cases as Ricky's murder/ suicide as I find it absolutely impossible to put myself in his shoes or begin to even imagine how he felt (or how he got so far).
Therefore this group remains a platform for each individual to weigh up the evidence and come to their own conclusions. The main point of this group is that people like Ricky Rodriguez should be remembered"

We're at-

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=69027307388&ref=mf

As I say it'd be really great to hear any of your views.
Peace and frogs,, stay fluffy. Joel

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » New Facebook group - "Ricky Rodriguez- A life remembered"
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 12:12:00