Celeste Jones-Why So Many Ex-members Are Not Christian?

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Celeste Jones-Why So Many Ex-members Are Not Christian?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

mrj123

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 12:14 pm
Celeste Jones-Why So Many Ex-members Are Not Christian?
Recently I was reading an article on movingon.org by Celeste Jones titled: "Why So Many Ex-members Are Not Christian?"

I found the article very intriguing and it certainly raised many concerns and idea's I too had been exploring. From what I could gather from the article it seems Celeste is not a Christian after her experience with TF, after hearing the abuse she endured, it's understandable why her faith was shaken. Despite losing her faith, she is a person I look up to, because she has been courageous to leave the group and has voiced her pain under pressure.

Celeste made this statement in her article, ":"If there is a God, I'll find Him in my own way and in my own time."

Thats how it should be done, people should be given a choice and not have it shoved down their throats and be manipulated with scripture that is taken out of context. People should be able to find God in their own way, and in their own time as Celeste commented.

Jesus said himself, "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him."(John 6:44). We cannot come to God by having it forced down our throats, God has to draw us to him in his own time and in our own time.

There are many ex-members who have lost their faith, and they are no longer seeking God out, but I believe God will seek them, find them and reveal his true self to them. ""I was found by those who did not seek Me; I was made manifest to those who did not ask for Me."(Isaiah 65:1).

Imagine this scenario....

Imagine if God made himself known to all the SGA's who were hurt and abused and who lost their faith. Then all those SGA's were given supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit to do the things the Apostles did in the book of Acts, then the SGA's appeared on TV and were performing miracles; people being healed in wheelchairs on the spot etc. Then when the SGA ex-members were reported on TV for performing real miracles for God, they would tell people they have been chosen by God to be genuine Prophets, and the SGA ex-members would also tell the media, "The Family International, Maria and Peter are workers of wickedness, sexual abusers and false Prophets who lie, decieve and abuse." Then the ex-members tell the media that God has chosen the SGA ex-members as his servants and leaders, because they suffered under demonic persecution by the wicked leaders of TF, and had the courage and strength to leave the group on their own against all odds.

The Ex-members would then provoke: Maria, Peter and the rest of TF Leadership to jealousy and; Maria, Peter and TF leadership would be ashamed of themselves, jealous and some angered, "But I say, did Israel not know? First Moses says: I will provoke you to jealousy by those who are not a nation, I will move you to anger by a foolish nation.â€

winter 1

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 10:27 am
Yeah? And you're a dork too. Muhahahaha... Yawn... I really have to go to bed now.

Anonymous

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 11:58 am
Yes, James, as SGA Christians have to choose the Lord, and can !!! Irregardless of what happenned within the church system called the FAMILY. I mean this applies to church kids outside the Family, so also applies within, because the always demands that individuals reach out to Him.

Sadly most exer groups actively speak against the Lord, and hate above all, those that have gone on with the Lord. They like the Family wanting to force and censor and intimidate... without giving choice.

I mean, there are Christians within the Family who are trapped, but because Exers do not allow a Chriostian alternative to develop after leaving the F, tyhere is no alternative and Christian escape route for our brethren within to esacpe into serving the Lord outside the Family.

MTTCTBCBTLIJN

winter 1

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 10:47 am
Dude man, it just seems like such a stupid thing to do - worship. I mean how could I worship anybody or anything? Why do I want to transfer power away from myself? Really. Give me a reason.

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Celeste Jones-Why So Many Ex-members Are Not Christian?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 03:16:59