You are not alone...

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » You are not alone...

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 03:47 pm
You are not alone...
There have been an estimated 50000 different beliefs systems in human history.

If theres anything clear is that there will be many more.

I hate injustice, I fight it as it constantly appears in nitches of society, feeding on peoples will to faith.

It may be diet pills, widja boards, acupunture curing tabaco addiction, grow hair products, mediums, yoga, bullfighting, lotery, left and right extremes, religions, etc.

Unfortunately, none of them have a shread of evidence going but people keep buying them...

HAPPY SHOPPING

Anonymous

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 01:56 pm
Re: You are not alone...
It is not clear what you are saying. Are you suggesting belief systems are inherently unjust? A bit fallacious to assert, seeing justice is a belief system in itself.

From the first ceremonial burial and tribal necklace to today's atheism, cynicism and religious cults, modern humans have had beliefs as long are there's been modern humans. Contrary to the Homo sapien name scientists gave us back in an age of unfounded smugness about our own species (another blatantly flawed belief system), we humans have always had beliefs regardless to whether we possessed the wisdom to understand them or use they properly. A better label for us would be Homo confido, "believing man" or better yet Homo monasticus, "religious man," in the sense that we defined ourselves by and act according to our beliefs perhaps more than anything else. Moreover, it is this inherent religiosity - and the complexity and diversity of beliefs that have manifested in human history and society - that really makes us distinct from other animals.

That we still struggle over the word "beliefs" shows we have yet to come to terms with our nature. To many, this is a word to sneer at, a word that some assume indicates a lack of evidence or justification on part of the "believer." Never mind that's a belief the assuming ones hold themselves, although it is very telling. Belief is intrinsic to human psychology. It is not the byproduct of ignorance, but rather closer to being the framework of our thought and social processes. Belief is the basis upon which we form core ideas and opinions of the world around us. Not surprisingly, beliefs have played a critical role in both our intellectual and social evolution.

This is something that we as a species still need to understand better about ourselves. It's counterproductive to just dismiss those people over there as having ridiculous or even dangerous beliefs, or blaming the victims by saying they were vulnerable or needy in some way, without humbly respecting that there's something about our human nature that necessitates belief. Once we understand and respect that indeed, everyone needs something to believe in, that it's more than a trivial "low-brow" thing for weak or unfulfilled persons, but vital to our sense of individuality and theory of mind, regardless of who we are, then I think we can start having a more constructive dialogue about why people fall for dangerously flawed beliefs and what we as a society can do to keep this sad aspect of human history from perpetuating itself.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 04:47 am
is there any member of your organization here in the philippines or in korea please let me konw i'm interested to become a member of your church.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 04:48 am
my email address "[email protected]". thank your very much.

m 2

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 03:31 pm
Send me money and I'll let you join my church.

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » You are not alone...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 09:10:50