2. » General
  3. » The Psychology Behind Cults/Religion

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 10:25 pm
The Psychology Behind Cults/Religion
A good read: The Psychology Behind Cults/Religion

This is a good definition of being brainwashed or "thought-reformed":
Quote:
When people stop thinking independently for themselves, when they stop questioning their own personal sense of right and wrong, and when they refuse to listen to information that conflicts with their own beliefs… then they have been effectively brainwashed.

PS: The short film, "The Shock Doctrine", considers the parallels between cults and the direction general society is heading.

Anonymous

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 03:15 pm
This is a good article
http://hypnosiscontrol.com/the-psychology-behind-cultsreligion/

The Psychology Behind Cults/Religion
November 10th, 2007 · No Comments

Cults maintain their following by putting members through a cycle of ups and downs. There is a psychology behind these tactics and it is to exploit the the members and keep them dependent on the cult. This brainwashing is very effective and it is important for people to understand how it works.

To follow up from my last post let me reiterate:

From Wikipedia, “Cult roughly refers to a cohesive social group devoted to beliefs or practices that the surrounding culture considers outside the mainstream.â€

Cookie 2

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 04:55 pm
i was reading from myconclusion.org. i read this funny one from Dan, who grew up and is still in WS. i just thot it was so bizzare.

Quote:
"Lastly I’ll teach my kids that our group doesn’t have to be perfect to command our allegiance. I know it isn’t, you know it isn’t, but we don’t care because we’re still getting the job done better than we could anywhere else and imperfections don’t change that. Something that is too often forgotten by those that want to dredge up mistakes of the past is that the Blood of Jesus Christ cleanseth us from all sins. That same blood that will keep you out of hell no matter how much you poke your finger in God’s eye and mock his prophets is the same blood that cleanses us, The Family, from our mistakes past, present and future. When any of us is sorry, repents, and does our best to make things right, Jesus forgives and those sins become no more. We can all be free from whatever in our past is hurting us or seeming to hold us back. Jesus did it all. There will never be anyone more worthy of respect than him. You’re marvelous Jesus!"

he was 23 when he wrote this. i don't need to comment. i think it speaks for itself. how funny!

m 2

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 03:55 am
What a cunt.

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » The Psychology Behind Cults/Religion
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 08:00:51