Conference
I know it's short notice but:-

International Cultic Studies Association
Formerly AFF, American Family Foundation &
The Psychology Faculty, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid

presents

Psychological Manipulation, Cultic Groups, and Other Alternative Movements

Madrid, Spain, July 14-16, 2005

The International Cultic Studies Association (ICSA) is an interdisciplinary network of academicians, professionals, former group members, and families who study and educate the public about social-psychological influence and control, authoritarianism, and zealotry in cultic groups, alternative movements, and other environments. Founded in 1979 as AFF (American Family Foundation), ICSA took on its current name in late 2004 to better reflect the organization's focus and increasingly international and scholarly dimensions.

For info see:
http://www.cultinfobooks.com/infoserv_events/2005/Madrid/MadridPresentersa_j.htm

Speakers include:
Carmen Almendros is a Ph.D. candidate in the Clinical and Health Psychology Program at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. She is a research and teaching staff member at the Biological and Health Psychology Department at the same university.

Ferran Alonso is responsible for the totalistic groups unit in the Catalan police force, Mossos d'Esquadra. He is a Ph.D. candidate in Social Psychology.

Lourdes Argüelles, Ph.D. (New York University), is Professor and Researcher of Cultural Studies and Education at Claremont Graduate University, California. A leading voice in human rights for Latino immigrants in the United States, she currently focuses on the fields of interdisciplinary and communities studies and the impact of religious trends on immigrant populations, particularly minority children and women. She holds a post-doctoral certification in clinical psychology and law from the University of York, Canada. Dr. Arguelles has worked extensively as a psychotherapist for political refugees from around the world who have been victims of torture and terrorism. She is on the editorial board of several journals, including Multicultural Social Work, Latino Studies and Revista Académica para el Estudio de las Religiones. Some of her publications include editing the Special Issue “Buddhism in Las Americasâ€

Anonymous

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 06:43 am
Looking for a person who attended.
I am trying to find one of the people who spoke at the conference; Danielle Glixon. She was my best friend until her father sent her away when she was 15. I have been trying to find her for almost 10 years.

I have tried finding her through her name online, since it is so unusual, but I have not been able to find her.

Is there anyway I can let her know I am looking for her? I know asking for her address or phone number is a bit too much, but can you let her know her friend Dagny Lovorn has been looking for her for a very long time?

Thank you.

evanman

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 12:36 pm
Try contacting ICSA who organised the event:

[email protected]

Mention that you are trying to contact Miss Glixon (and why), and if they could forward your details on to her.

Philip Elberg who is the director of ICSA presented one of the workshops with her.
Quote:
A Twelve Step Program Out of Control

William Goldberg, M.S.W.; Phil Elberg, Esq.; Danielle Glixon

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Conference
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 05:31:00