Is There A Way...

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Is There A Way...

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 04:35 pm
Is There A Way...
i'm not entirely sure how to word this, it's just something i'm really interested in.... I'm pretty sure that not too many TFI members are regulary on this site, but it might be interesting to set up a section on this site besides the regular places we all post where we can challenge TFI SGAs to come talk with or debate with us xers and have an honest, open conversation without throwing insults either way, knowing that we know what we and they are talking about and that a lot of us are their brothers and sisters who have been on both sides and just want to talk with them and pick their brain of why they're really in TFI, which they may not honestly know besides that they were born into it. Does anyone have any ideas how we could get something like this to work without it turning into one of those typical argument spots...like, something where someone could feel free to ask questions, voice their real opinions, get real answers, etc...and something we could actually get family people to come to?

WalkerJ 1

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 04:55 pm
Re: Is There A Way...
MovingOn once set up an online forum like that. It was very difficult to get current SGAs to participate, but a handful did. However, they responded as if they were being attacked at the slightest mention of "child abuse". Eventually, all the Family SGAs walked off and only the ex-members were left, so the forum was taken down.

In my experience, the problem with challenging current Family SGAs is that they immediately become defensive, and hide behind the knee-jerk "religious persecution" argument without realizing that the accusations against them are not religious in nature whatsoever.

Another one of the problems is that many ex-members know more about the hierarchy and history of TF than they do. Most current members take what their leaders tell them at face value without actually going back through what has been documented and verifying those statements.

This is why, for example, Family members continue to insist that they "won ever court case". If they would simply read through the actual court documents, they would see that this is not the case. But few of them take the time to do that and blindly accept that their leaders would never tell them something that wasn't completely true.

Cookie 2

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 08:05 pm
it was just a thot. i wonder if there's anything else we could do that would appeal to them.

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Is There A Way...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:31:51