WHY DID THE ABUSE FOLLOW ME AFTER LEAVING FI ?

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » WHY DID THE ABUSE FOLLOW ME AFTER LEAVING FI ?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 08:13 pm
WHY DID THE ABUSE FOLLOW ME AFTER LEAVING FI ?
I have been out of the FI now for 24 years and there is a form of abuse and discrimination that has stayed with me no matter where I go.I am a very confident, skilled and hard worker and almost every job I have held since I left the FI has been an expierience of being taken advantage of by the boss and unfair treatment.I have never been fired and have been promoted in all jobs including general manager.I just do not get the same pay as my counterparts.I have always been expected to perform without just reward.I have a willing attitude and the jobs I've held I enjoyed doing and was the one person in the company that WOULD if asked.I have never been a complainer or a stand up and say " NO " type either.When it comes to work I just do whatever pleases the boss and usually do it good.Still I do not understand why I have always been taken advantage of and I don't really know what to do or how to fix this problem. Please give me your thoughts on this, i would appreciate it . Jason

WalkerJ 1

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 10:14 am
Re: WHY DID THE ABUSE FOLLOW ME AFTER LEAVING FI ?
I would venture to say that it's the fact that you have been willing to do anything and don't say 'No' every now and then that puts you into a disadvantaged position.

I've come to learn that growing up in TF made me feel like I had to take on everyone's problems and do anything that was asked of me and that not doing so was being selfish. But the fact is, it's good to be selfish sometimes. Especially when you have other people who depend on you (wife, kids, etc.).

I've had to learn to say, "That's not my problem and I don't have the time to fix it right now. But I'll gladly fix it if I can be compensated for my time/effort."

If you feel you are worth more to the company than you are getting paid, then you need to be selfish and ask for a raise or decline a request unless you are compensated better for the time you will be spending on it. When you are an employee, it's all about leverage and using that leverage to negotiate what you earn.

How much would your company have to pay if they had to replace you? How many people would they need to replace you with? Can the job you are doing also be done by others in your company who earn as much as or less than you do?

Remember, you don't get paid what you're worth. You get paid what you negotiate.

Of course, there's a balance and loyalty to your company and being willing to pitch in occasionally if help is needed is never a bad thing. But the bottom line is, that no matter what company you work for, you will always work for Jason Inc., and if Jason Inc. is not benefiting from a partnership with your current employer, then it's time to renegotiate or look for another partner.

Thorwald 1

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 04:30 pm
That's great advice, WalkerJ. It took me years before I understood that fully.

Anonymous

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 05:46 pm
Thanks for the advice and by the way....
I appreciate the good advice and will try to apply it in the future.I thought I would just let you know about my situation right now.I was just fired from a company I had been with for 12 years for no good reason other than me refusing to take anymore abuse from the owner.It is a long story but I have a huge lawsuit in progress against them for "WRONGFUL TERMINATION" and "FAILURE TO PAY OVERTIME " for hours worked.The suite may take some time if it ends up going to trial but my attorney is very confident I will win .The amount of compensation that would be paid to me could be anywhere from $75,000 to $ 200,000.Hopefully I win and justice will be served for a change.Thanks again for your thoughts.
Sincerely Jason

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » WHY DID THE ABUSE FOLLOW ME AFTER LEAVING FI ?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:23:35