A strange and sometimes not so wonderful world...

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » A strange and sometimes not so wonderful world...

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 03:12 pm
A strange and sometimes not so wonderful world...
I don't know how exactly I came upon this site. I was "googling" for something or another when this caught my eye. I can't even remember what it was I was searching for...that was this passed Wednesday! I have been reading about "The Family" ever since. This is just so unimaginable to me. I had never heard of this cult before (and believe me, "I ain't no youngin'!" - well now, that's not right...I mean I'm no OLD either!). My point is...well to be blunt...WTF???
I don't believe I am naive but, how can anyone have imagined that there are people out there that have (or had) formed a group in the effort to sexually, physically and mentally exploit children among themselves for their own personal gratification? And then, to further condone their hideous actions they, like so many before them (and in all probability, after them), did so in the name of "GOD".
I am speachless to those survivors who managed to break away from this cult. To say "I am sorry for what you went through" seems so cliche'. But for what it's worth, I am sorry. I came from an abusive home, but in comparison I feel I have no room to talk. So many children abused by so many adults in so many ways.
Believe me, I am not throwing out the pity card. That is the last thing I'm sure any of you want or need. What I will say, based on reading the different forums and your posts, you are all remarkable. WOW! I am truly impressed with you!! I would love to comment on specific posts I've read and specific people who have posted but, to do so would take way too long and let's face it, we DO have lives to live! So, I will end by expressing my total respect for each and everyone of you survivors!

evanman

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 04:05 pm
This is nothing new. These types of sects have been around for millennia.

Ancient Baal worshippers would sacrifice their children to their fertility god in order to have good harvests (as did worshippers of Ashtarte, Molech, amongst others.)

Other so-called prophets would justify their sexual predilections in the name of God. Joseph Smith (founder of the Mormon sect) practised polygamy after a "revelation", two of his wives were 14 years of age.

Mohammed's favourite wife, Aisha, was 6 years old when they were married and 9 years old when he consummated his union with her.

At present there are a number of religious cults that are actively teaching their children the "blessings" of strapping explosive belts round their chests and blowing themselves up along with others in order to further the cause of their religious groups.

Cookie 2

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 07:24 pm
sue, regardless of evanman's comments, we do appreciate when people understand that our ordeals are worth notice. we too were human beings, and just as those people suffered that he mentioned, many of us have gone thru things that hurt us. our stories are just as important to be heard. and your kind wishes and thots are appreciated. Smile

Cookie 2

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 07:24 pm
*ARE human beings (not "were" sorry)

evanman

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 10:00 am
My comments were simply to point out that such religious ideas have been around for a long time, they are not a new phenomena.

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » A strange and sometimes not so wonderful world...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 08:37:18