the flood and the animals

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

winter 1

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 04:01 am
Thorwald wrote:
winter wrote:
Don't you for one moment assume that the "Holy Bible" is mine. You said "your bible."

Please point out where, exactly, I referred to the Bible as "your bible". Also please list, exactly, which assumptions I have made about you.

winter wrote:
b. "Noah took _all_ non-aquatic life aboard his boat"

"b" is also, AFAIK, not really what it says in the story.

"b" is exactly what it said in the story; look it up.

Well, I can't find it. Neither can I find my crass comment. I'm pretty sure they are in the same thread. Because over here we were discussing a global flood. I do apologise for my comment. My mom told me I have been a bit aggressive lately. So I think I have a lot of apologising to do around my neibourhood.

I just looked at the passages:

Gen 6:
"19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. 21 You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them."

Like that? I assume you meant a sample of all non-aquatic life. Not all non-aquatic life. Well, it seems to be not so clear. Because first it says two of all living creatures. Then it list them and leaves out a bunch of animals. So I guess the story is not so clear. However, I don't know much about writing the Bible and stuff like that. I was trying to prove that perhaps there might be some scientific evidence of a global flood.

Oh and, fossils can form very very quickly. Just thought I'd mention that. Because a lot of people think that fossils mean something is very old. However, that is not really the case. Fossilisation can occur quite fast. So, perhaps the shells on top of high mountains are not that old.

I have a little theory about the asteroid belt, Mars, Earth, and a comet that comes by every so often. Probably other people have had the same theory. If it's a regular comet, we may find out what could have happened last time it came around.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:29:28