Alphonse Mucha

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Alphonse Mucha

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 08:11 pm
Alphonse Mucha
I seem to remember an artist in TFI who's work looked at lot like Alphonse Mucha's? Does anyone remember the name of this TFI artist?

See: Alphonse Mucha on Wikipedia for more details on this Czech artist.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 01:17 pm
Re: Alphonse Mucha
Thorwald wrote:
I seem to remember an artist in TFI who's work looked at lot like Alphonse Mucha's? Does anyone remember the name of this TFI artist?

The plagiarized art animation shows this image from Alphonse Mucha as having been traced by Jan "Tamar" McRae.

Craven de Kere 1

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 03:30 pm
Re: Alphonse Mucha
Thorwald wrote:

Of TFI artists the style reminds me the most of Michael Christian (or somesuch) or Philippe La Plume.

Day 1

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 09:48 am
The example and description of Mr. Mucha's style reminds me of the artwork in an early COG magazine that was distributed before MO letters, maybe '71,'72 or early '73. The cover of one issue was of a woman in flowing robes with a pyramid in the background, a COG depiction of New Jerusalem. The artwork was striking, beautiful, not cartoonish and flat. I don't know who was credited for the art. Perhaps someone else does, though.

Anonymous

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 10:05 am
I remember that illustration from the early 70s. There was another one done in the same style--very colorful and flowing--that depicted a Native American. Wasn't the original Family pub called New Nation News? As I recall, it was produced by the JPA folks who merged with COG in the early 1970s. These folks were from the Seattle/Calgary area. Ed Priebe was in that group.

Alphose Mucha was quite popular in the late 60s and early 70s--many illustrators of that era copied his art nouveau stylizations.

winter 1

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 09:12 pm
Michael Christian does a lot of art work in that style. Though, AFAIK, it is not plagiarized. I think Tamar is the one with gift for that. Email me if you want to know more about him.

Cherub

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 12:26 pm
'New Improved Truth" was the name of the pubilcation being refered to, It was used as a witnessing tool prior to the NNN(New Nation News). It looked like an underground newspaper, all before Mo letters were passed out.

Day 1

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 05:16 pm
Cherub wrote:
'New Improved Truth" was the name of the pubilcation being refered to,

Yea, that's it. Good one, Cherub. :wink: It's interesting, the little things we remember.

evanman

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 10:45 am
Yep, "the nitwits at the Nit" as berg came to call them after the publication of the "Beaver story". It was this excuse Berg gave for the idea of ONLY publishing his "words" and the tyranny of "litnessing" with its quotas and "Shiners & Shamers!"

Reminds me of those Billy Graham Missions where churches were exhorted to let Billy Graham do the witnessing for them.

Piram

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 11:08 am
Cherub wrote:
'New Improved Truth" was the name of the pubilcation being refered to, It was used as a witnessing tool prior to the NNN(New Nation News). It looked like an underground newspaper, all before Mo letters were passed out.

I remember getting copies of that in Bromley to distribute. I also remember thinking that the colors were pretty, but one story, something about "The Son King with multi-colored wings" was just stupid. Of course, it was unthinkable to say such a thing then; you would practically be declared a backslider or a murmurer or worse. I thought something could have been done with that format, but IMO, it was pretty disastrous. The perfect "justification" for "God´s Anointed" to step in with the litnessing business, etc. Whenever I think of litnessing, I think of poor Sheba Bear, all the time she spent in the sun, litnessing, litnessing, litnessing - in Ibiza, I think it was. My ex-wife told me about her because she spent time with her there. She developed cancer, poor thing. What a pity.

Day 1

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 02:49 pm
There wasn't much about litnessing that didn't suck; sunburn, heat stroke, frostbite, exhaustion, hunger, rejection, humiliation, ridicule, deception, just to name a few litnessing perks, and all for such an unworthy cause. It really pisses me off thinking about the what ? hundreds of thousands of dollars that were sent to Berg and Zerby during the litnessing era. Truly, a damned shame.

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Alphonse Mucha
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:18:01