I've always been afraid of Religous People

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » I've always been afraid of Religous People

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 02:18 am
I've always been afraid of Religous People
Somehow I stumbled on your website and read about the Family and Ricky. My heart goes out to all of you. I can't imagine what can be done either now or in the future to stop abuse like this.
Obviously these people are sick - but not unusual apparently. I have over the years heard many stories of sick Prophets who are obsessed with sex. Do you think it's some malfunction in their bodies?? Were they all abused as children?
Religion in my life, thankfully, was limited to my mom dropping us off at sunday school so she could get a few hours of time off. We also got to go to Church (actually as a family) on Easter Sunday, which my memory says was always a big affair, getting "easter bonnets" and my mom still sewing my easter outfit on the way out the door!! By the time I was in junior high my bother's and I had learned to wave goodby at the curb and take off immediately, be back intime to be picked up.
As for my own children, they never went to church. Were never preached at. I sometimes feel negligent that I didn't even tell them that their was a "god". I kind-of feel like I should have given them a course in Reglion's of the World. A far cry from the regligous upbringing of the "Family" children!!!.
I actually recoil from ANY reglious organization - or even my "born again" mechanic's attempts to preach at me. At a very young age I became afraid of religous people. Somehow, I recognized the "Crusades" , Jim Jones, the "right to life fanatics" - what is it about people that makes them want to control other people's lives??
The sexual thing does not explain Mama Maria and the other women who particpated in the abuse. Was it just power mogering?? It's so scary.
I've alway wondered how the women of Palestine, Isreal, Ireland, Somalia could let their men and sons continue the violence in their lives. Don't the women of the world realize they can shut down the planet if they choose?? At least the women of the free world can. What happened to Working 9-5??? I thought it was going to be the beginning of women uniting to stop the men's violence??
But the Women of the Family - good christ - how could they do it??
What can we do to stop the next religious fanatic from doing the same thing?? It seems like all the "Prophets" all the "dictators" abuse those following them. We can't go in and take away the rights of parents to raise their children as they see fit??? What about the Mormons - do you know they won't let their children out alone?? they must go in pairs so they can't be influenced by bad seed. And I don't blame them. I wouldn't want my children hanging out with drug dealer's kids because THEY WOULD be influenced!!
Obviously, sexual abuse, actually fear abuse, any kind of power tripping is abuse, but there is a fine line between the right to raise your kids as you see fit and abuse - clearly though - we haven't found the solution. The news was full of the story of the woman who got her 4 children back from the Family in Thailand - but after 4 years I guess she gave up and let them go back to him - their choice, so clearly ALL the children don't feel the abuse.
I guess it's naive to look to the women to save the world from itself - clearly in your "Family" while the men were the head honco - the women carried out the tasks - such a disappointment.
Again, I"m so sorry for the loss of your childhood - I wish I could say something that would make it possible for you to actually "moveon" without feeling you have to resort to Ricky's solution.
Thanks for helping to explain this terrible injustice.
suesara

evanman

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 10:25 am
I know what you mean. Even Mohammed married a six year old and then consummated it when she turned 9! Why even a couple of the Suras where received while he was having sex with her!

Remind you of anyone?

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » I've always been afraid of Religous People
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 03:23:20