Merry

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Merry

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2018 09:31 pm
I was a FGA (I guess that's the term?) but left before the COG left the USA. That wasn't me being noble. I was a Pentecostal teen before I joined the COG and just didn't like the direction they were going. With Merry's passing-away in the news I have connected with/come into contact with many SGA's (Second Generation Adults) that were the same age as her, I guess because that generation is more savvy with the internet and setting up memorials and things like that. I am bothered by 2 things. One- I know many families who have had children die because of the recent heroin crisis. They all mention heroin in the written memorial and at the live memorial. Nothing I have seen so far has even mentioned COG/TFI. It's almost as if they explicitly went out of their way NOT to mention them. I understand not wanting to be a victim but they are the ones who caused the whole thing. Imagine the witness you could have my mentioning them and calling them out. The other thing that bothers me (and I already know this will sound judgmental) but looking at the Facebook profiles of these SGA's they might not be in TFI anymore- but they still seem "lost". I guess Merry has a half-brother and he is not a Christian and supports the violence of the Palestinians against Jews? This too is the fruit of COG/TFI. I am just very angry at them and I don't understand why other people are not and have this blasé attitude, like "Oh well".

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Merry
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 06:34:29