"Who Said They're Dead?" WTF?!

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » "Who Said They're Dead?" WTF?!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 09:08 pm
"Who Said They're Dead?" WTF?!
Wow! I had heard a brief description of this "practice", but had never read any of their "prophecies" (is that what they call them?).

http://pubs.xfamily.org/text.php?t=3061

Seriously. What are these people smoking? Isn't there even a psychological condition (or "syndrome") that describes this? Some kind of "auditory hallucination"?

Anonymous

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 09:23 am
There's quite a lot of research that looks at the relationship between childhood trauma and auditory & visual hallucinations. There's no question that there's an extremely high frequency of "hearing voices" among survivors of childhood abuse, and much of the newer research is trying to figure out the brain science that would explain this correlation.

It doesn't surprise me that so many SGAs in TF buy into the spirit trips, out-of-the-body experiences, visions, voices, and calling on personal spirit helpers. Belief in psychic power is unusually prevalent among abuse survivors.

m 2

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 01:30 pm
Re: "Who Said They're Dead?" WTF?!
Thorwald wrote:
Wow! I had heard a brief description of this "practice", but had never read any of their "prophecies" (is that what they call them?).

http://pubs.xfamily.org/text.php?t=3061

Seriously. What are these people smoking? Isn't there even a psychological condition (or "syndrome") that describes this? Some kind of "auditory hallucination"?

You must have left awhile ago, as that has come out some time ago.

I'm pretty sure they don't call on famous personages too much anymore to give them their bullshit, as they can speak directly to Jeebus and all the new angels and demons.

Mr Candy wrote:
And the women! My goodness! Ravishing! Beautiful! Lovely, and loving. We've got real love up here, true concern and care‚ and it even includes . . . Yes, you guessed it! You want me to say it? Sex, guys and girls! S-E-X, beyond your wildest dreams! Great times for the men and the women too! I mean, you never get tired here. You've gotta come! — Pardon the pun.

Berg, anyone?

Thorwald 1

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 09:50 pm
m wrote:
You must have left awhile ago, as that has come out some time ago.

Yeah. I left almost 13 years ago.

Monger 1

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 09:56 pm
Re: "Who Said They're Dead?" WTF?!
m wrote:
I'm pretty sure they don't call on famous personages too much anymore

They certainly still do in their personal lives and in GNs, but legal concerns ensured that the wacky "Who Said They're Dead?" material from a decade ago was never distributed commercially. At one point they had at a couple books worth of such interviews, if I remember correctly, and they were thinking they would be major sellers. However, they found out that unfortunately they'd probably be sued if they tried to attach all of the famous names they had planned (e.g., Elvis) as authors.

Cookie 2

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 07:22 pm
and who was it that they heard from and he/she was actually still alive, hee hee. i remember that one was so funny. and their pcys about it after, etc, were even funnier.

Monger 1

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 08:09 pm
Even more bizarre was that one of the Free Zines (I think it was an earlier issue than those we currently have available here) actually published a "prophecy" from some no-name person whom they clearly stated was still alive (they added that they didn't fully understand how it worked in the spirit, if I remember correctly).

Cookie 2

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 08:37 pm
that goes a ways back, wasn't Ivan Ivanovich from Russia supposed to be talking to Berg while still alive, somehow communicating in the spirit? Laughing Laughing Laughing

m 2

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 12:03 pm
Was Ivanovich ever alive? Confused

Cookie 2

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 10:42 am
who knows, likely not unless it was a real friend of Berg's (highly doubtful) but Burg claimed he was having spiritual communication with a LIVING man from the USSR. Laughing

Thorwald 1

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 06:36 pm
m wrote:
Was Ivanovich ever alive?

"Ivanovich" is a very common Slavic name (especially in Russia and the Ukraine). It is simply a patronym for "son of Ivan" (in Russian/Ukrainian, most names for sons ending in -in, -yn, -ov, -ev, -vich/-ovich, etc. mean "son of").

It would be very easy to make up such a name and know that it would be virtually impossible for someone to verify your story. For an example, if you said, "I know a John Johnson from Chicago", have fun trying to find him.

Cookie 2

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 07:57 pm
from Answers.com http://www.answers.com/topic/family-name
-vich: Russia, Belarus, Poland, Ukraine, Slovakia, ex-Yugoslavia
-ich: Very common in former Yugoslavia, especially Croatia; Bulgaria, Slovakia

evanman

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 03:57 pm
Ivan Ivanovich is like "John Smith" in English.

There's no doubt that such messages from "beyond the grave" are nothing less than spiritualism, mediumship and Channeling!

It is pure occultism.

m 2

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 11:46 pm
evanman wrote:
It is pure occultism.

It's pure bullshit.

evanman

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 10:36 am
I was trying to be polite!

Funny how Heidi suddenly became a real person, and her grandad, who berg stated was the Abominable Snowman!

Yet, in fact, the Abominable Snowman is actually the Yeti from Tibet!

Now that is Taurus dung!

Cookie 2

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 06:19 pm
and what was the deal with Tarug?

Colonel

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:28 am
Cookie wrote:
and who was it that they heard from and he/she was actually still alive, hee hee. i remember that one was so funny. and their pcys about it after, etc, were even funnier.

i had always heard that one was Art Linkletter, but i don't recall having seen the original claim.

evanman

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 10:32 am
Cookie wrote:
and what was the deal with Tarug?

TARUG is actually a measurement that meteorologists use, it has something to do with the temperature of dew!

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » "Who Said They're Dead?" WTF?!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 09:03:36