Who killed more people in the Bible? God or Satan?

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Who killed more people in the Bible? God or Satan?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2007 07:46 pm
Who killed more people in the Bible? God or Satan?
This is great!!
http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/hprajani/phun/god-v-satan.png

evanman

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 04:11 am
In the Bible the person responsible for the death of everyone was Adam!

Does the statistic actuallt cite where they come to their conclusion? Do they show examples of where they affirm this?

Is this every death in the Bible? Are they blaming either God or the Devil for every recorded death?

m 2

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 04:52 am
evanman wrote:
In the Bible the person responsible for the death of everyone was Adam!

God is responsible, actually. After all he did create Adam, didn't he? And everything that happens is according to his perfect plan, is it not?
And wasn't it God who put the penalty of death on mankind, and used Adam as an excuse?

Thank god God doesn't exist.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 10:13 am
evanman wrote:
Is this every death in the Bible? Are they blaming either God or the Devil for every recorded death?

evanman, take your knickers off, untwist them and put them back on. Even if the number of people God killed was one-tenth the number quoted, he would still win hands over fist.

Surely you recall the stories of the 10 plagues of Egypt. Those were sent by God, so therefore, God was responsible for killing those Egyptians. Then there's the story of God opening up the earth to swallow Korah, Dathan, Abiram and their families (Numbers 16). Not to mention all the times God ordered the Israelites to kill every living creature in a city they were to attack.

I believe Satan's number is accurate, considering he was directly responsible for killing Job's family (Job 1: 2, 19).

evanman

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 01:00 pm
Even if the stats are correct, what of it?

WalkerJ 1

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 12:15 pm
evanman wrote:
Oh, right. I forgot that killing a human being is perfectly acceptable if it's done by a deity.

Your demonstrated ability to compartmentalize is almost embarrassing, evanman.

winter 1

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 04:55 pm
I think a better opposite to compare would be something like Christ and Satan, since Satan is technically a lesser god than "God". I am not sure what would the opposite of "God" or "G-d" would be in the Bible. According to the Bible, pride is more powerful than Satan, since he fell to it. Though, I don't know if pride is the opposite of "God." Some say Satan is a byproduct of dualism.

evanman

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 04:22 pm
WalkerJ wrote:
evanman wrote:
Oh, right. I forgot that killing a human being is perfectly acceptable if it's done by a deity.

Your demonstrated ability to compartmentalize is almost embarrassing, evanman.

Almost, so it isn't then!

I do believe that a creator has a perfect right to kill off his/her creation.

Human's take life all the time and justify it in so many ways--yet if God does it they get their knickers all in a twist.

Over 6 million died a under direct orders from Berlin during the 3rd Reich, how many died in Germany in the years before Hitler came to power under the Euthanasia programme I don't know.

Then There were tens of millions more that died under the tyranny of Joseph Stalin.

Monger 1

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 09:00 pm
So you're saying that at least god is less evil than Hitler or Stalin?

winter 1

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 11:50 pm
Monger wrote:
So you're saying that at least god is less evil than Hitler or Stalin?

And that would make Satan a near angel. Whops, I forgot, he is an angel.

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Who killed more people in the Bible? God or Satan?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 11:34:40