Morals and such...

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Morals and such...

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 08:17 am
Morals and such...
One thing I learned with my TF experience is the need for some morals in my life. I think that most would agree that morals are a good thing. It just that so many of us don't want to be looked upon as closed minded. I really don't give a crap about that. I know how important rectitude and moral values are in my life now.

So I wanted to post this article and see what everyone has to think about it. I will not be able to back the claims made by it. I am just wondering what kind of response it would excite from ex-members.

http://merecomments.typepad.com/merecomments/2006/08/ten_arguments_f_2.html

Enjoy

WalkerJ 1

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 09:55 am
Re: Morals and such...
winter wrote:
I am just wondering what kind of response it would excite from ex-members.

I've only had time to read the first 4 arguments so far. I will read the rest later. But my initial comments on his otherwise well-expressed position are:

1) Anyone who says "sex can never be merely a matter of satisfying an individual's desires" (emphasis added) probably hasn't had very much of it.

2) Many of his statements would hold more weight if he backed them up with references. Until then, they can too easily be written off as his own opinion and perspective.

winter 1

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 06:40 pm
Quote:
1) Anyone who says "sex can never be merely a matter of satisfying an individual's desires" (emphasis added) probably hasn't had very much of it.

And would that be a problem? I don't think that is the point he was trying to make, though. Just to put the sentence into perspective, here is the whole paragraph.

Quote:
That point illustrates what I have often argued, namely that sex can never be merely a matter of satisfying an individual's desires. We are all in the same cultural boat. What you compel me to condone in one case will cause me also to condone other things, necessarily. We are not islands unto ourselves.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 07:16 pm
winter wrote:
And would that be a problem?
I guess I should have clarified that my comment was made tongue-in-cheek.

winter 1

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 01:06 am
WalkerJ wrote:
winter wrote:
And would that be a problem?
I guess I should have clarified that my comment was made tongue-in-cheek.

Now that I looked up tongue-in-cheek, I think I know what you mean.

I personally would like to have more references quoted as well. Though I did find the read interesting as it was something other than the usual pro-f##k press that is abounding under the guise of freedom - like a certain cult I know...

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Morals and such...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 04:37:10