Warren Jeffs sentenced to life in prison for abusing minors

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Warren Jeffs sentenced to life in prison for abusing minors

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

AnneP

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 09:32 pm
I hope this isn't too far off topic, but I wonder if people feel there are parallels between Warren Jeffs and his community and David Berg and the Family.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/09/texas.polygamist.jeffs/index.html
Both used their religious authority to sexually exploit their followers, both adults and children. I was never in the Family, but I have read a lot about it because I knew some people who joined. There seem to be many parallels to me. My feeling is that Jeffs is finally getting what he deserves, but unfortunately, David Berg never did.

ptltyjijn

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 11:41 pm
just keep in mind the entire "selah" mentality is what hindered providing justice to get involved.

ptltyjijn

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 11:49 pm
for a judge / jury to apply a sentence, from what I hear, something called proof, needs to be in hands. And if ppl remember, there was some time around the 90s when the purging had to be done in all the homesĀ“ libraries (I wonder why) Razz

- just ask uncle or aunty what was the subject inside all that was "purged" in those days, and what was done to those "pubs" (aka the Word)

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Warren Jeffs sentenced to life in prison for abusing minors
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 11:38:37