His Time Has Come

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » His Time Has Come

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 03:29 am
His Time Has Come
David Berg may have lost his way. I know power is an evil force that many strong men have become its victims. Out of the ashes will rise the phoenix. There will be a new leader even stronger. He will part the sea and lead us to salvation thru the end times. Already he walks among us.

Thinker 1

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 06:47 am
Did he lose his way?

That's what I am trying to fathom. What was his way and where did he get lost?

Thorwald 1

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 07:38 pm
Thinker wrote:
Only human's oppress and blame God

As opposed to non-humans? What's the possessive for?

Thinker 1

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 09:00 am
I only know what human's are, being one. As for anything else, I can only observe and comment. Being proved wrong teaches me to be right.

m 2

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 09:53 am
Quote:
Being proved wrong teaches me to be right.

Start with the spelling in your sig.

Acheick

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 10:11 am
Laughing Oh, this is a funny thread. Thank you for the chuckle with my morning coffee. Love it.

Cookie 2

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 08:00 pm
Re: His Time Has Come
jeb wrote:
There will be a new leader even stronger. He will part the sea and lead us to salvation thru the end times. Already he walks among us.

Really? Cool. Who would that be? Laughing

Matthew 24:4,5,23,24 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

sure you're not thinking about one of the people Jesus was talking about here?

Thinker 1

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 08:57 pm
m wrote:
Quote:

But I deliberately mis-spell, coz when someone has nothing to say they correct spelling mistakes. So, I'm glad I've made you feel important "m".

m 2

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 02:32 am
Thinker wrote:
m wrote:
Quote:

But I deliberately mis-spell, coz when someone has nothing to say they correct spelling mistakes. So, I'm glad I've made you feel important "m".

Well yes I feel important, though not thanks to you. Smile
And I'll just point out that if I truely had nothing to say, I wouldn't have typed out the post about your spelling...granted, incorrect spelling is a major pet peeve of mine.

Thorwald 1

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 02:56 am
m wrote:
incorrect spelling is a major pet peeve of mine.

Of course, technically, it wasn't "incorrect spelling" . . . it was just poor grammar (i.e. his or her use of the possessive form of "human" when the plural form was intended).

Anyway, we trouble over trifles with a sentence that makes zero sense.

Thinker 1

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 03:16 am
Thorwald wrote:

Be fair T, it doesn't make zero sense otherwise you would not be able to discuss it. You have chosen to be pedantic; a familiar asset of those without sustainable argument.

The possessive has been used in the instance of the word 'human' for effect. It is a pun. Oppression is limited to humans. Therefore they possess the definition "oppression". Your earlier argument I mistook as an attack on the intellectual basis on my accusation. How could I know, in my limitation, whether oppression was exclusively the realm of the human.

The answer, of course, was I don't. It's just my best guess.

Acheick

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 10:32 am
Thinker wrote:
Thorwald wrote:

Be fair T, it doesn't make zero sense otherwise you would not be able to discuss it. You have chosen to be pedantic; a familiar asset of those without sustainable argument.

The possessive has been used in the instance of the word 'human' for effect. It is a pun. Oppression is limited to humans. Therefore they possess the definition "oppression". Your earlier argument I mistook as an attack on the intellectual basis on my accusation. How could I know, in my limitation, whether oppression was exclusively the realm of the human.

The answer, of course, was I don't. It's just my best guess.

Well, then, you're being redundent because you've already said that "only" humans oppress. You didn't need to make the extra point. Sounds more like you are trying to cover up for a baby mistake. Whatever.

To M - I couldn't bring this up on the other forum since it was locked, so I'm quoting you here:

Quote:
Maybe there was a God but it died, leaving our spirits to roam the universe, now that there is no one left to "put us in our place".
Who knows? There are many possibilities.

I just want to say - bwwaahahahahhahaa.... Honestly, that made me laugh, I never thought of that angle before.

Cookie 2

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 05:43 pm
JEB, i am still waiting for my answer. you said
Quote:
"There will be a new leader even stronger. He will part the sea and lead us to salvation thru the end times. Already he walks among us."
cat got your proverbial tongue?

I'm waaaaaiting. Smile

Cookie 2

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 08:45 pm
PS: sounds more like the Bible's version of the AC, eh? Laughing

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » His Time Has Come
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 07:58:04